My Little Angel

14 years ago today, my little angel, McKenzie went home to live with our Heavenly Father.    This is a bitter sweet day for me.  I  miss her with all the fiber of my being.  Yet, I know she was called back home because she was needed there more than I needed her here. 

I get scared sometimes because I can’t remember how she smells, or what she looked like when she would smile at me .  I have to really dig deep to pull those precious memories back.  I remember that day, the last day she was here like it was yesterday.  Why, is that memory so vivid while the others are faint?  I remember the last pat on my check she gave me with the back of her hand like she was telling me good bye mother, I love you.

I told Kenny how I was having trouble remembering.  He  reminded me of  a memory about her.    She was about 6 months old and had this toy that was shaped like a ball.  It  had balls on the ends with string attaching them together.  She loved this toy and would hold onto it and shake it back and forth over and over, faster and faster.  Then she would put the balls that were on the ends into her mouth and she would just smile.  I do remember her face how it would light up with joy when she played with this toy.   This is a good memory.

I was talking to Jayda about McKenzie today and Jayda had the “WHY” thing going on.  Why is she in heaven? Why did she die?  Why did Heavenly Father want her to live with him?  Then she started to cry.  I asked her what she was crying about and she said, “I don’t want McKenzie to live with Heavenly Father, I want her to live with me.” We were both crying then. 

We all miss and love you McKenzie!!!  Yet, we understand where you are and how things are to be.   We are all so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, that he was willing to die for us so we could all live again.

Comments

Georjene said…
I have a very distint memory of you and McKenzie. We were in the craft store in Pocatello a few days before she passed away. I looked back at you two and saw her smiling at you as you were holding her and talking to her. It just melted my heart to see the love between you two. I cant wait to see that smile of hers again!
Love you!