Today is a very special day for us. It is McKenzie's birthday. She would have been 13 years old. I can't believe we would have a 13 year old.
It only seems like yesterday I was in labor walking to the car in knee deep snow. It was the worst storm we had all winter and it was Super Bowl Sunday. We were a little surprised because she was 10 days early and I was suppose to get induced in Salt Lake that following Thursday. My OB was out of town and we didn't register at the local hospital so there was no records or direction at all. When we told the nurse all the problems McKenzie had she said ok and left the room headed to the nurses station and they all were panicking. We just laughed and thought it was funny because we were very calm and collected. Even with all the problems we knew we were going to have to face this was the most peaceful, spiritual experience I have had delivering a baby. Priesthood blessings are amazing and I am so thankful my husband has the priesthood and could give me a blessing on that special day. My parents didn't make it to the delivery because they were snowed in. The whole neighborhood was trying to get them out so they would be able to meet their first grand baby. I had my sister and my husband with me and many doctors and nurses waiting anxiously to see what was going to happen when she was born. The labor was so easy and she was the most beautiful baby. She was 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 19 inches long. We took her on more adventures in her short life then some kids get in there life time. You would never know she had health problems because she was such an easy going baby and loved to be with us and do all our many trips.
It only seems like yesterday I was in labor walking to the car in knee deep snow. It was the worst storm we had all winter and it was Super Bowl Sunday. We were a little surprised because she was 10 days early and I was suppose to get induced in Salt Lake that following Thursday. My OB was out of town and we didn't register at the local hospital so there was no records or direction at all. When we told the nurse all the problems McKenzie had she said ok and left the room headed to the nurses station and they all were panicking. We just laughed and thought it was funny because we were very calm and collected. Even with all the problems we knew we were going to have to face this was the most peaceful, spiritual experience I have had delivering a baby. Priesthood blessings are amazing and I am so thankful my husband has the priesthood and could give me a blessing on that special day. My parents didn't make it to the delivery because they were snowed in. The whole neighborhood was trying to get them out so they would be able to meet their first grand baby. I had my sister and my husband with me and many doctors and nurses waiting anxiously to see what was going to happen when she was born. The labor was so easy and she was the most beautiful baby. She was 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 19 inches long. We took her on more adventures in her short life then some kids get in there life time. You would never know she had health problems because she was such an easy going baby and loved to be with us and do all our many trips.
We think of her often and miss her wonderful smile, her dancing eyes and the beautiful spirit she brought into our home. Kenny and I talk about how our family dynamics would be different and what she would be like.
Some people ask us how many kids we have and for my and their sake I say 4 but my kids always say no mom, you have 5.
They talk about her often and we look at her scrap book frequently. It is funny because they act as if they lived with her and that it wasn't long ago that she passed. I know they have a special place in their hearts for her. I sometimes wonder if they remember spending time with her in heaven because their voices are soft and they speak so tenderly about her.
Everyone knows that McKenzie was Zach's guardian angel the day he fell 10 feet head first onto concrete. She has been our guardian angel on many occasions and I can feel her presence close when I really need some extra love. We are so thankful for the plan of salvation and we look forward to the day that we can hold our precious little baby girl in our arms again. Happy Birthday McKenzie, We Love and Miss you!!!
Some people ask us how many kids we have and for my and their sake I say 4 but my kids always say no mom, you have 5.
They talk about her often and we look at her scrap book frequently. It is funny because they act as if they lived with her and that it wasn't long ago that she passed. I know they have a special place in their hearts for her. I sometimes wonder if they remember spending time with her in heaven because their voices are soft and they speak so tenderly about her.
Everyone knows that McKenzie was Zach's guardian angel the day he fell 10 feet head first onto concrete. She has been our guardian angel on many occasions and I can feel her presence close when I really need some extra love. We are so thankful for the plan of salvation and we look forward to the day that we can hold our precious little baby girl in our arms again. Happy Birthday McKenzie, We Love and Miss you!!!
Comments
Happy Birthday McKenzie.