Opening Day of Northwest Baseball

This year is really exciting for Trey.  He has 3 of his friends are on his team.  Two from Isabella and one from Bakersfield.  This is actually more exciting for myself because two of them have mom’s whom are my very good friends.  We may have a little hand in getting them on the same team.    I can’t really say who more more excited Trey and the other boys or us moms. 

Opening day was very early and cold.  But it turned out to be a good day.  They even had ski divers come into the field.

IMG_5789

IMG_5798

This is something I want to do in my next few birthdays (40, shh) and so it made it that more exciting for me.   This is a whole other post.

IMG_5774

This was Josh Reiswig, Trey and Spencer Hansen.  Their other friend Daman Sage isn’t pictured.    They were so excited for baseball to start.

IMG_5863

Trey has really taken an interest in being a catcher.  He isn’t afraid of the ball or the batter.  He is doing really well and I can see him having this as one of his main positions.

IMG_5897

Trey tried pitching and did an ok job.  He is just learning how to pitch and says he likes it the best because you get to have the ball all the time.  I told him that being catcher you get to have the ball all the time to.  He said it’s still not the same as the pitcher.  Boys!!

IMG_5944

This is Trey in 3rd trying to get the out.  The catcher threw it down when the runner was stealing the base.   He is really becoming a good ball player.  He doesn’t let to many things rattle him.  We did catch him playing in the dirt a few times (like his older brother) but he was still able to focus when he needed to in time to make the play (again, just like his brother).

IMG_5758

Zach’s all star team was able to come out on opening day together.  They represented the 11 year old Regional champs for 2010.

IMG_5759

It was real exciting for these boys to be acknowledged for all their hard work.  They are such a great group of boys.  We have really enjoyed being a part of this baseball family.

Zach is playing on the Angel’s team.  I thought I had pics of him pitching but maybe soon.  He is doing really well in pitching.  He doesn’t usually pitch very much but they want him to practice all year so he can hopefully pitch during all stars.  I get anxious and excited when I see him pitch so it should be an interesting year.

Comments