Things I want to Remember

*Jayda loves to dance!!  Every time music is on she thinks she has to dance.  She will be sitting down eating breakfast or she has done this a few times while we were eating out and when she hears music she has to jump up and dance instead of eating.  One night when I was come home from a church meeting Jayda and the Bunting girls were playing dress up.  Jayda particularly loved this one dress and wouldn’t  change because it was her dancing dress.  She wanted to keep dancing with pom poms even though it was very late.   We turned the music on to prevent a melt down but kept the volume down low.  She was still so made because she couldn’t hear the rhythm.  I just love her free spirit and her energy.  She keeps me going but I am hoping it will keep my youthful. 

*Since Tayah has been home with her broken arms from school I have had her get on the treadmill for her PE class.  One day while she was doing her PE class I hoped in the shower.  When I got out of the shower I could hear the treadmill running but it sounded different.  Mind you the exercise room is right by my bathroom and I can see and hear everything through the window.  So, I peeked out the window and I saw the treadmill running and Tayah standing on the side of it watching TV.  I tried to hold in my laughter while I got after for slacking.  I have thoroughly enjoyed her being home.  I miss her being at school.  We became a lot closer over the 7 weeks of her injury. 

*  Tayah has surprised me with her new found self esteem.  During one of Zach’s basketball games she was outside running around.  She came upon a boy from the opposite team.  He asked her why “Zach Bushling” was on the 8th grade basketball team and the 7th grade basketball team.  Tayah’s response was, “because he is really good!”  The boy said, “he isn’t that good!”  Tayah proceeded to tell him that Zach was to that good and that Zach was her brother.  The boy didn’t seem to care and Tayah said she could hit him with her cast on her arms and that it would hurt him really bad.   I laugh every time I think of this story because if you see Tayah and Zach fight at home you wouldn’t think that they cared about each other.  I guess the ole saying “I can say what I want about my family but you can’t say anything.”  I was very surprised and proud of her.  It meant to me that she really does love her brother.  A few weeks go by and during school hours I guess some girl came and kicked Zach in the family jewels.  He of course doubled over and started to cry.  Tayah and others felt so bad for him except this girls friends.  Tayah told the girls that they were so mean and that what she did wasn’t very nice.  They laughed at first and then said they were sorry.  Tayah standing up to girls older than her???!!!!  She even gave her brother a hug AT SCHOOL!!!!!  She amazes me more and more.  She is becoming a beautiful human being both inside and out. 

*Zach is the most busiest kid I know.  He is so active in sports and school and church.  Sports usually are the ruler in his life but he is trying very hard to make a balance.  His school work has been struggling over the past few months.  He plays on both the 7th grade and 8th grade basketball teams.  He is actively involved in he’s club baseball team.  This is their big year as 12 year olds.  They are going to Cooperstown, NY for a big tournament.  A tournament we, as a club team, have been doing fundraisers for the past 4 years.  They are also hopefully going to win state (which they won last year) and go to regionals in HAWAII!!  Can’t complain about that trip.  Then if they win regional baseball (which they did last year)  it is off to the World Series in Maryland.  So with this upcoming schedule his team has been working hard. 

The other day our youth had an opportunity to do baptisms for the dead.  Zach also had a basketball tournament.  I suggested that he miss basketball and attend the temple.  He didn’t fight me at all and decided to go to the temple.  This would be his first time to the temple to do baptisms.  I was so happy and then got nervous because was he letting both teams down?  Then as I prayed about it I knew that letting the Lord down would be worse.  So Zach and I were able to go to the temple together.  I was on the verge of tears almost the whole time.  The spirit at the temple is like no other.  You know without a shadow of a doubt that this is the true church.  Seeming Zach all dressed in white was breathtaking.  Even if it was just those thick not so nice looking jump suits.  Zach told me before he went into the temple that he wanted an all white suit, from his shoes to his tie.  I told him when he goes to the temple that is exactly what he gets to wear.  He was so excited it made me laugh.   I helped the youth by the font.  Zach was funny because as he came close to the font I see him talking to this kid like he has known him his whole life.  Apparently Zach sat by him and they just started to talk and became friends.  Zach is funny this way because he makes friends with lots of people.  Zach was also the last one to get baptized so I was able to walk up to the font and be right there and watch him perform this ordinance on behalf of others.  This was the best time I have had in a very long time.  I am so please with the choices Zach is making and who Zach is becoming.  He is a wonderful son.

*Trey, he is such a middle child.  He seems to go with the flow most of the time and isn’t real hard to please.  He doesn’t demand very many things and is the one that I can count on to be responsible for his own things.  I laugh at how he is at 8 and how Zach was at 8.  There truly is something to say about the birth orders.  Trey is a reading machine.  He so enjoys reading and sometimes I seriously have to ask him to put the book down and go play.  He is all about the book “Diary of a Wimpy Kid”.  I know that isn’t a great book but hey he is enjoying to read and I enjoy that I don’t have to make him read.  He is a hard worker and a great friend.  He is the best big brother to Jayda.  One day I was trying to get Jayda to come and get ready for the day but all she wanted was Trey.  Trey was caring her around the house like a koala carries her cubs.  He has even changed her stinky diapers when I have been out of the house and Zach refused to do it.  He is going to be a wonderful dad one day.

Comments