Our Snowboarding Adventure

Tayah was so excited to use her new snowboard she received for Christmas.    So two days after Christmas we went to Targee with our Uncles, Aunts and cousins.  It was a snowy, cold day and everyone was so excited because it was our first snowboarding trip of the season.  Brandon and Georjene were getting their kids signed up for a snowboarding class while the others were getting a bit anxious.  So Kenny took Zach, my nephew Bryson, Tayah, Trey and my brother Brian up on the mountain.    A little bit later the Georjene, Sheri, Mark and I were waiting for Kenny’s group to come down the mountain so we can all go up together again.  It seemed like we waited a long time and we started to get anxious and headed up the hill.  The conditions at the top of the hill were a lot worse then at the bottom.  We decided to go to the left of the skill lift.  I could barely see 10 feet in front of me and was very panicky about how Kenny was doing with the kids.  The panic was setting in bad and my snowboarding skills were suffering because of it.  About half way down we still hadn’t seen Kenny and the kids so I decided to call him and pray he answered.  He did and said they were still on their first run.  I wasn’t surprised because of the weather but it only fueled my feelings of anxiety.  I asked how the kids were and he said fine, except he didn’t know where Tayah was.  WHAT??  He sounded panicky and Kenny rarely panics.  I hung up we blazed the rest of the mountain waiting for them.  We first saw Zach and Bryson then Kenny and Trey.  Kenny was headed back up to look for Tayah and was hoping my brother Brian was with her.  So Kenny, my sister Sheri and Mark went up to find her.  PANIC, fell over me almost to the point where I really had to talk myself down from a total melt down.  The prayers that kept going on in my mind were sounds of panic and fear.  So many thoughts came into my head; what if she is hurt, lost, alone and can’t find her way.  Thankfully Kenny had taken the kids to the run on the right side of the ski lift and the weather wasn’t as bad.  I told the ski patrol she was lost, described what she was wearing and that she was snowboarding.  I finally decided to see if my brother had his cell phone.  I called and he answered.  He answered and had Tayah with him.  RELIEF!!!  He said Tayah was hurt and the ski patrol just got to them and was helping them.  All I wanted to do was sit and cry with relief say thank you for the answered prayers.  It didn’t matter to me that she was hurt just that she was found and somewhat ok.  Later after talking to Tayah she never felt lost she knew where everyone was and she knew that her Uncle Brian was her partner.  Thank heavens she was smart and very observant.   On our first snowboarding trip of the season and our first run of the trip Tayah hurt both her arms about 50 feet from the bottom of the hill, but she was alive and well.  What a crazy few moment of emotions.  I am thankful for the technology of cell phones and the power of prayer. 

Comments