Zach’s football- Barstow

Even with Zach’s broken finger he has had an amazing past two games.  He didn’t play much against Barstow and maybe looking back at it now it was a blessing, but during the game it seemed like a curse. 

The Barstow coaches were scouting a previous game we were playing and I over heard them say Zach was a stud, when Zach scored a TD and then when Zach kicked the extra point they said he was the only stud.  I was a bit proud but scared for Zach when we were facing them.

There was a really good player on the other team #9.  He was an amazingly talented player.  His only fault was he was a dirty player.  He hurt many players on our team during this game and had many personal fouls called on him. This is where I wish Zach was 100% because he could have handled this kid.  Yet, I am afraid he might have really got hurt.  The coaches and this player had Zach pegged and was zeroing in on him. This is a reason I was glad Zach was injured.  He didn’t play much and therefor wasn’t able to get hurt by #9.

IMG_2066

Zach Kicked the ball throughout the game.  If you look at the picture you see #9 almost reaches Zach.  He wasn’t on the line at the start of the play.

Zach was playing defense and was told to run out of bounce if he got the ball.  Zach intercepted the ball and started running and then saw #9 coming toward him so he ran out of bounce by our team.  Well, #9 tucked his head down and tackled Zach after he was well out of bounce and Zach flew about 10 feet from where he was.  The crowd went WILD.  I had to even hold myself back because it happened right before my eyes.  One of our coaches got kicked out of the game for yelling at the refs.  Zach was ok thank heavens.  You could tell this #9 had it out for him. 

IMG_2116

At half time the score was 12-6.  This picture cracks me up.  It looks like Jayda is comforting Zach.

IMG_2119

Jayda giving Zach some pointers, telling him to tackle them and run fast.  She then went to Zach Sietsma and pointed her finger at him and said “you too.”

IMG_2143

Our quarter back, Keaton Kissack, got hurt by #9 so Zach had to go in to be QB.  Look at all those Aztec players on him.

IMG_2146

It took two to get Zach down.  After examining the photos we are thankful for Nicholas Wooley who blocked #9.

Later Zach seemed to not care about his broken finger and gave #9 a good defensive hit.  #9 came up a bit dizzy.    The boys played so good and Zach had a good game even with his finger.  The coaches of the other team told Zach' he was a really good player and to keep it up.  The score ended up being 19-16 them.

It may seem like I have it in for #9 and maybe I do.  However,  I think he is an excellent ball player who doesn’t need to play dirty but needs to be taught that you don’t have to be a dirty player to be a good one.

I really think we would have won and maybe put #9 in his place if Zach wasn’t injured but I also think #9 could have done some damage to Zach because it seemed that everyone even the snack bar lady knew about #3, Zach!!!  Blessing come in ways we may not understand until later. 

Comments