Tayah and I have had a wonderful time getting certified. It has worked out that we did our academic portion of the dive through an instructor from The Cayman Islands and then came to St. Kitts to do the dives.
Our instructor in the Caymans was Cassie and here in St Kitts was Terrie. He is such a wonderful dive master. He was very patient, kind and knowledgeable. He talked so Tayah would understand and was patient with her while she lost interest in the conversation and skill test. He was patient with me when I couldn’t clear my mask and was very encouraging.
We did our first two dives in a pool and did really well and we both were so excited to dive the next day.
Tayah did really well and didn’t have any problems at all. I on the other hand had ear equalization problems. It all went well, just a slow decent.
Some of the things we saw:
A huge lobster which Maughn caught, a sea cumber, and a sea anemone.
A Trumpet fish, an Eel, and a feather duster.
Coral, a nurse shark and a turtle.
Tayah is holding a sea spider, and then we both are holding a sea star. We had such a great time and passes all the tests. Even the evil take your mask off and put it back on and clear it on the bottom of the ocean test. I was proud of us both and we were thrilled to finally be certified.
Comments