Kauai Vacation

We made it to Kauai without much drama. I did leave Trey's medicine at the airport but thankfully I had extra. It was a long day of traveling but well worth it.
This is our view from our balcony. It is amazingly beautiful. My long time friend Donna Jenkins who lives in Maui now came over to visit with us for a few days. It was so good to see her and visit with her again. It is funny when you don't see your good friends for awhile because when you do see them it is just like you saw them the other day. We got settled in and just relaxed that night.The beach is about 100 feet away from our room. It is so nice to have it so close. When we got to the beach we saw this seal coming up on shore. 'It was cool' the kids said to watch him work his way onto the beach.
He is so cute, I think he is a he, and he kept coming up on the beach at the same place for the next couple of days. Jayda is ever so happy when Elle is around to play with. She enjoys being buds with her.
Kenny made his infamous hole in the sand. The kids were a little to excited about the waves that only Jayda and occasionally Trey would come and fix the hole up.
While they were digging this is what came popping out of the sand. GROSS!!! I can't believe I sit on the sand and this is what is under my butt! He was awesome to watch walk along the beach to the ocean.
Jayda had me make sand castles just so she could smash them. I had to get over the fact that I wanted to build a nice sand castle because it was all about Jayda and her wanting to smash them and not about me.There is a recycle place for people to put sand toys, boogie boards or what have you for other people to use when you are done. That way you don't have to lug it home with you. We were very fortunate because we found 4 boogie boards, a tube, an umbrella and a few sand toys. The kids had a blast with them. Trey did really well trying to catch the waves.
Zach and Tayah enjoyed using the tub to catch the waves. It was pretty funny looking but they were having a blast.I thought they would fight over the boogie board because we only had 1 at first. The ultimate fun toy was the tub. They got many uses from this.
If you look at the sign carefully it says "NO ENTRY!" Can you guess if he read it or not?
NOT!! Because our view from the balcony is of the pool we let the older kids go down by themselves for a few minutes before we go. In this case we were taking pictures from the balcony and caught Zach braking the rules. It was funny to see his face when we showed him the pictures. He just laughed and turned a little red.
We went and viewed the amazing Waimea Canyon/falls. It is so breathtaking. It is known as "The Grand Canyon of the Pacific."
It was such a beautiful day that it made the view so gorgeous. One day I would like to take a helicopter ride through the canyon.
There was a spot where the dirt was so red. They even sell things here that are made from this red dirt and they call it simply "Red Dirt". This isn't to good for stain free clothes.
This was the beautiful sunset on our beach. I am not sure I want to come home after seeing and being here. This is our Sandman. We were thinking of what we could do for our Christmas cards. Donna suggested we make a sandman and so we did. It was a big attraction to a lot of people. We made it and then guarded it so no one would ruin it before we got our pictures taken.
The kids really enjoyed Donna and had a great time with her.

Comments

The Queen Bee said…
Thanks for the pictures Marcie. As I sit here in Illinois in the 18 degree weather, and the snow falling, they warmed me up a bit!
Grammy said…
That is the cutest "sandman" I have ever seen. Okay the only one, but still, he is very cute. Looks like you are having lots of fun. Enjoy the sun!