Fun in Kauai and a Luau

We are having so much fun. It is relaxing and enjoyable. I don’t know if we will do much besides play in the water, enjoy the nice weather and hang out.

P1010303

The kids are having so much fun with this tube. It cracks Kenny and I up that the tube is the toy of choice.

P1010286

When they didn’t have the tube they would try and body surf. They did ok a few times but I think Zach was able to body surf the most.

P1010320

I think he is becoming a fish. He doesn’t come out of the water much.

P1010313

Especially when there is good waves.

We decided to take our kids to a Luau. We wanted them to get some of the Hawaiian culture first hand. We opted to go to a Luau without food because we didn’t think they would eat very much of it. We went to a Luau that is put on by a family. The songs and dances have been passed down for generations.IMG_6360

There was a lot of really neat dances and I am not sure if I could get my hips to move like theirs. I do think that if I did I would be a lot thinner because it looks like a great workout.IMG_6368

We asked the boys if they wanted to wear the same outfit as this guy was during the show. They just looked at Kenny and didn’t say anything just looked away.

P1010381

This was hands down the best fire show ever, according to Trey. It beat out the "Fireman" from St Kitts. During the show they asked if people wanted to come up and learn to dance. They tried to get my kids to go up but they wouldn’t. Kenny said he would pay them $10 but still nothing. Elle was very excited and went up by herself for a minute then realized she was going alone and got scared. Krissy had to go up with her.P1010357

This girl is 7 years old and she did so good. She could really get her hips moving fast too. After her dance they asked the audience again to come learn a dance. This time they got both Zach and Tayah. Zach didn’t have to be persuaded very much but Tayah was almost dragged on. She eventually went. The funny thing is Jayda saw them go up and almost ran after them. She wanted to do what her older brother and sister were doing.IMG_6373

IMG_6374

It was the cutest thing ever. She was trying so hard to do what they wanted her to do. Very Cute!! Afterwards the kids reminded their dad that they get $10. Kenny told them no because it was for the last time they asked people to go up. The kids reminded him that he didn’t say when they had to go up just that they did. They are getting way to smart for us. We all enjoyed our time at the Luau and I think the kids actually enjoyed it too.

Comments

bkellis said…
Marcie, I love reading your blog and all about your adventures. You are so lucky to be able to do this with your kids. I know you think that too.
Love ya,
MOM