This year we stayed home for Christmas. It is always good to be in your own home but I sure do miss having my family around. I alove all the people, ciaos, and just hanging out with family during the holidays.
We made cookie plates and bread for our neighbors this year. The kids were excited to pass them out to everyone.
We had Christmas Eve dinner at my house with Grandma and Grandpa Bushling. We went a little fancy this year and had set the table nice. I was really impressed with myself.
We then read the story about the Christmas Spider, thanks Terry Hurley, we will always read that during the holidays.
Kenny read the story of baby Jesus as we opened the new nativity scene. I just love nativity scenes and hopefully one day will get the one from Willow.
The kids were really excited to open presents so we let them open their pj’s and two more gifts. One was a poster from the church bookstore about “Who is your Hero”. Tayah got Mary, Jesus’ mother, Trey got Daniel and the Lion’s Den, Zach got David and Goliath. They are so cool looking.
Then because the grandparents were here they got to open their gifts. It was fun to watch them get so excited and to see grandma and grandpa’s faces when the kids open their gifts. Jayda got Mrs. Potato Head. She liked wearing Mrs. Potato Head’s glasses.
This year we got both sets of parents a book with pictures from our trip to St. Kitts. We were so excited to give it to them because we thought they would love it. I think Kenny was more excited about it then anyone else. He talked about it everyday how he couldn’t wait for them to open it. They both like the book.
The kids had a hard time getting to sleep and finally around 10pm they were all asleep. With the travels and sick kids this year I didn’t wrap anything. We stayed up until 2pm getting ready for the big day. I love getting things ready in anticipation for the kids excitementand surprise on Christmas morning.
Comments