Christmas Day

IMG_9799

Christmas morning was great! We slept in until7:30  Kenny and I were the first to awake thanks to the text from my nephew Dylan.  He was complaining about his gift.  I sent my nephews a puzzle/game that was filled with money.  They had to play and win the game in order to get their money out.  I guess his was one of the hardest.  I loved it!  That was I was going for!  Then Kenny and i were wondering why no one else was awake.  Shortly after that Tayah woke up all excited and got everyone else up.

 IMG_9769

Tayah and Trey wrote Santa a letter with a bunch of questions.  Tayah wanted to woken up so she could see what he really looks like.  She also wanted to know if  Mrs.. Claus ever rode in the sleigh with him.  Trey said he has been good and wanted a remote control jet.  They both left presents for him and Mrs.. Claus.  Trey left a basketball Santa hat.  Tayah read the letter Santa wrote back.  Santa said Mrs.. Claus is afraid of flying and he loved the basketball hat because he secretly loved the Lakers but not to tell.  He also thought the Jet would have been fun but hopes that Trey will enjoy the gift he picked out. (Santa, isn’t always or willing to please all the present request.  Dang Santa!)

Half way through opening the presents my family got to enjoy talking to my brother who is on a mission.  We all called a certain phone number and had one huge conference call.  It was awesome to be able to talk to him and everyone else.  It made me feel like I was a little bit with everyone during Christmas. 

IMG_9784

Zach got a iPod touch, football and Wii game and clothes.

IMG_9779

Tayah got “Barbie all Doll’d up Nails”, Dippen’ dots machine, DS games and clothes.  This picture is priceless.  Santa thought to surprise her with this present with her not even knowing anything about it.  It was cool until it stopped working and we took it back for a DSI.  I guess Santa doesn’t know best all the time.

IMG_9783

Trey got a DSI, Bakugans guys, DS games and clothes. He was so excited for this DSI that I think he totally forgot he wanted the remote control Jet.  However, he did say later that he has enough of his own money he could by one since Santa got him the DSI.  Maybe Santa should have held out and got the Remote Jet because I think it would have been cheaper.

IMG_9776

Jayda, who was very scared that Santa was here got a kitchen, food and clothes.  She was so funny because every time we said Santa’s here she would cry and say “No, Santa, Bye Bye!”  We had a good time with that and might have over used it all day long just to watch her get nervous and say “Santa, Bye Bye.”   She does know that Santa gave her the kitchen but he is still “Bye Bye”. 

IMG_9786

Kenny surprised me with a SHOTGUN!!  I love it and couldn’t wait to use it.  We weren’t giving gifts to each other this year but he always does something special for me anyways. Yes, I really wanted this gun and have wanted it for a while.  I mostly wanted it for the sound effects it makes.  Now I want the clay pigeon contraption next. 

A very special thing that I will always remember is the notes that Tayah put on each present she gave each of us.  She got everyone a card at the dollar store and wrote something special on each of them.  She told each of us why she loved us.  It was the most precious thing to me.  That is what Christmas is all about.

IMG_9810

Jayda was hilarious how she would wear Mrs.  Potato Head’s glasses all around the house.  She wore them for a good hour today.

IMG_9811

Not sure why I buy gifts and not just boxes.  She did however play with her gift but spent more time with this box.

IMG_0128

We ended this fabulous day with the Kuhar family coming to spend the Christmas with us.  Jayda wasn’t to sure about them but by the end of the day she loved her Aunt Cindy!!  It was a great feeling to be surrounded by family that you love and care about at this time of year.  Merry Christmas Everyone!

Comments

What a great Christmas! Love the shotgun!!
Katie and Luke said…
A shotgun!? I am so jealous! Thats what I told Luke I wanted this year..... Let us know what you shoot and kill first! ahaha!