Baseball Christmas Party

This year Zach’s club baseball team had a Christmas party.  Everyone dressed up and we went out to dinner.

P1010478

The boys all sat by each other at a table.  It made me a little nervous because my son isn’t the neatest eater and usually there is a scene when he eats around other boys.  He did great and I didn’t have time to worry to much because Jayda kept me busy at our table.

P1010494

Almost all the boys got up after dinner and gave a little speech.  They thanked their families, and coaches for all they do.  Zach did pretty good not to long or short.  The coaches also gave a little speech and left it open for any parents.  Kenny of course got up (any chance to talk) and a few other parents.   I wanted to get up but I knew if I did I would get a little emotional and I didn’t want that so I spared everyone and stayed seated. 

We then watched a video that Kenny put together.  It is so fun to watch the videos and remember the fun we all had together as a baseball family over the past year.

A family put together a game of “Baseball Feud.”  They split into teams and had to answer different questions about baseball, their coaches and their team.  It was very cute and fun to see how the boys answered each question.

P1010520

Coach Patrick had the boys leave the room and then re-enter with a rose for their mothers.  They turned on some music and we had a mother-son dance.  It was so awesome to have that special moment with Zach.  Zach was a little embarrassed and wasn’t sure he liked it but I was in heaven.  Jayda was a little jealous and couldn’t stand that Zach had me all to himself.  I had no choice but to let her dance with us.  What else do you do with a baby screaming at your feet but let them join. 

P1010539

The boys exchanged gifts by playing a little game.  They had to pass it in what ever direction they heard left/right while someone read the story “The Night Before Christmas.”  They all had a great time.  Jayda wasn’t sure why she wasn’t in on the present passing but handled it pretty well in the end.  It was a great night spending time with the baseball team somewhere besides the field.  We are very lucky to belong to such a great group of families.  It was a great party and I can’t wait to watch these boys play ball this year.  Hopefully all the way to Regional's!!

Comments