The Monday before Halloween we went over to the Tuckers house and carved pumpkins with them and other families. We had a great time eating, carving and laughing. I didn't get the pumpkins before we went to the Tuckers so I had Kenny take the kids to get their pumpkins. Kenny, the nice dad, let them pick which ever pumpkin they wanted. My kids had a great time picking the biggest most expensive pumpkins ever. Tayah's weighed 30 lbs. and Zach's was very close to it. I think we will have to be more organized next year.

Zach was one of the last to carve his pumpkin. I think he is a little like me in we like things perfect and if we know they wont be that way we don't even want to try. He is also very good at getting people to do things for him. Myself and Zach Reiswig helped him finish his pumpkin.

At first Jayda didn't want to even put her fingers in the pumpkin but then realized that everyone else was doing it and so she tried it and she liked it. She really enjoyed the cookies that Mindy made best I think.
Tayah and Trey had a fabulous time carving their pumpkins. Tayah was very particular at getting every speck out. She was so meticulous that she didn't finish carving hers'.
Thanks Tuckers for the very fun FHE!!
While we were out we ran into the Hansen family. Tayah and Ali couldn't get over the fact that we saw each other out Trick or Treating and that it wasn't in our own neighborhood that they couldn't take a picture without being goofy. They are funny girls!
It was a very cool surprise and the kids thought it was AWESOME! According to Trey.
Zach was one of the last to carve his pumpkin. I think he is a little like me in we like things perfect and if we know they wont be that way we don't even want to try. He is also very good at getting people to do things for him. Myself and Zach Reiswig helped him finish his pumpkin.
At first Jayda didn't want to even put her fingers in the pumpkin but then realized that everyone else was doing it and so she tried it and she liked it. She really enjoyed the cookies that Mindy made best I think.
On Halloween day we had football and cheer in Bishop. It was a great day! The boys played an awesome game of football and Tayah did good practicing her "Cheer face!"
We got home around 7pm and hurried to get ready to go out again.
We got dressed and went over to Grandma and Grandpa Bushlings.
We decided to go Trick or Treating around their neighborhood since it was so late. There wasn't very many people passing out candy but that was ok with me. We went to a spook house and it was pretty good. While we were walking down the streets Trey noticed that his bag was feeling a little light. He looked at his bad and noticed a big huge hole in the bottom. Then he noticed a trail of candy behind him. He was like "What the Heck!" He, fortunetly, was handeling it very well. We walked back with him a bit to pick up the candy he saw but then told him he could have extras from grandma. He laughed at it later as we told grandma and grandpa.
Tayah and I went through the non-scary version while Zach got talked into the scary version by his friend from school. He said it wasn't to scary but I don't know if I believe him.
Jayda understood how to Trick or Treat this year. At first she was a little nervous but once she saw the other kids do it she was like an old pro. She loved the fact that all she had to say was "Trick or Treat" and she got SUGAR!!!! It was really cute watching her get so excited that these strangers were giving her candy. A little strange to teach our yound kids it is ok to take candy from strangers on Halloween night. I will have to reinstall the fear in my kids later.
Comments