Cheer Competition

This years super bowl and cheer competition was in Boron.  We drove up the night before because Tayah had to be there at 7am. 

IMG_8696

This is Tayah’s team and coaches.  They had a pretty good year and I think Tayah had a great time.

IMG_8910

If you have never been to a cheer competition it is an adventure.  It is loud and tensions are very high.  Even Tayah had to plug her ears because of the noise.  It was our goal this year to get the spirit stick back and have the sophomores place.  In order to do this the crowd had to be very active in cheering.  It was funny to see everyone who normally doesn’t say much during football games to go crazy during these cheer competitions.

IMG_8708

Tayah’s team did so much better then the week before.  Their music was great and everyone was smiling and giving it their all.  Tayah was loud, smiling and having a great time.  You could see it in her face.  I was such a proud mom!  IMG_8918

They were all so nervous for the announcing of the winners but as you can see in Tayah’s face her team worked placed.  Finally after 3 years and all their hard work they placed 3rd. We couldn’t have been prouder.  I personally think they should have been 2nd but I guess that if they wanted my opinion someone would have asked  for it.

IMG_8853

Samantha and Tayah were so excited that they finally won.  They have worked hard and had to deal with coaches quitting and all the drama that goes on when there is 12 girls together.

IMG_9030

In the end our league won the SPIRIT stick back.  We parents, well us moms, couldn’t have been prouder.  We were so excited that we won it back.  It was a bit of a trial with Big Bear and Rim but we were more obnoxious.  I had such a good time watching Tayah. I am so glad she finally got to feel what it was like to win.  She has cheered for awhile now and never experienced winning until now.  Way to go Tayah, we are very proud of you!!

Comments