Cheer Comp round 1 and Play off game 1 KV vs Bishop

This was a stressful and emotional day for me. I have worked with Tayah's cheer squad for the past month and a half helping the coach with their routine. This was the big day to show not only to the judges but to the girls that they are good!! Tayah has been a cheerleader for the past 3 years and hasn't been on a team that placed during competition. The cheer coach, Jennifer and I really wanted this for these girls this year. We wanted them to know how it felt to win. The girls were ready and have worked so hard I really hoped they'd place. They started strong and then their music was wrong and they were all stressed and had a hard time after that. They looked like deer in headlights not knowing where to go. They finally got it together on the last cheer and pulled it off. I was so nervous the rest of the time. When they were announcing who placed and who got to move on the girls looked more and more nervous. They announced that we got to move on and we were thrilled. Then the announcement of the top 3 winners and we cam in "3rd". We were so excited, the girls were jumping and hugging and crying. Yes, I was weeping right along with them. I am so proud of them and Tayah for pulling the routine off and proving to themselves that they can do it. I can't wait for next week for the final Competition.


Zach had his best game ever we think in this play off game against Bishop. He had several good tackles and many hard hits. One in particular he hit this guy so hard you could hear it like it happened right next to you. Zach had another hit that was awesome. He hit this guy, the guy feel to the ground and Zach was still standing their looking at him on the ground. He also got an interception. The QB tossed to Zach and then Zach passed to Sammie Adams and he ran in for a touchdown. He kicked 3/4 extra points, ran an extra point in, set up several big plays for the team and he stripped the ball out of Bishop's running backs hands. One time when he was running the ball their were 4 Bishop players on him and once again you could hear the hit like it was right next to you. The hard part as a mom is hearing that hit and knowing it was your kid getting hit. He jumped right up and was ready for more. I'm not sure why they like that but I do know I like watching it, as long as my boy is safe though. We are so proud of you Zach!!!

Comments