The best Weekend ever!!

I am going to try and recap this weekend without laughing to hard. Where do I start? Most of the rookie parents were staying in the nice, safe enjoyable Hilton Inn. My friend Cori and I decided that we would stay at the..how do I describe? Well, this hotel had their office man behind bullet proof glass with a lock on it, next to him there was a sign that said "Only one guest per room at a time from the hours of 3pm -8pm" can we say -An hourly rate hotel!!
The drive to this wonderful resting house was pretty uneventful for us but for the Reiswigs? They were extremely hydrated and needed to stop quite a bit. They ended up getting there after we did. We both had issues with the hotel and our rooms. I called the hotel to double check our reservations and they didn't have two beds for us in our room. Our options were: fit 6 of us on one bed or get another room. Because they messed up the reservation they gave us another room for FREE!! I thought then that this hotel wasn't bad but.. seeing is believing!
After we got there the Reiswigs showed up exhausted, frustrated and ready to get out of the car. We, well I, laughed at the hotel and the situations we had been in.
The kids didn't seem to be bothered that the pool wasn't warm, there wasn't a hot tub and the parking lot was, their new play ground. The hotel, thank havens wasn't very busy so we just let the kids run wild.
They enjoyed running around the grounds flipping towels at each other and playing hide and go seek. Cori found out that her two rooms weren't next to each other but on different floors. While Cori was getting the older kids situated in their room downstairs (which was by my in-laws so we thought it would be safe, well, as safe as this place was) the little boys were up stairs playing - Monkey's on the Bed. Except it wasn't their heads that broke it was the bed! I seriously need help because every time Cori called me to tell me the latest I would just bust a gut. I probably needed to be a better friend and laugh behind her back. Just recapping it makes me laugh so hard. Unfortunately Cori's night didn't get any better but mine was uneventful except Jayda waking me up throughout the night which isn't unusual. As we were leaving the hotel at 6:30 in the morning I decided to check under my bed because Jayda was throwing things around. And to my surprise.....
I found Cori and I a souvenir!! The picture tells the whole story of this slimy, sleazy hotel. No, this isn't my shoe and yes, I touched the shoe because it was probably the cleanest thing in the room. Kenny said that from now on he is booking the hotel. Sat. wasn't as eventful which was good because I don't think we could ever top that day. Cori, sorry for the long frustrating day but it will always put a smile on my face.

Comments

The Queen Bee said…
That is funny, and sad. There's a street walker some where with only one shoe! Poor girl.
Karrie said…
Oh wow. That's awesome. The shoe is the BEST. It completes the story- and if you can't laugh at that, then you are in real trouble!
Grammy said…
Alright, alright I am finally laughing! You did leave out how my two wonderful boys took the shoe and threw it at each other, Ryan missing and hitting that poor man trying to get his luggage safely to his tour van. He will have a great story to tell about rude Americans when he gets back to wherever he was from! And I didn't just "decide" to stay there, someone from Ryan's team was staying there. I will let Kenny pick from now on to.
Dany said…
glad we waited until the next day to drive up. I wouldnt even wear that shoe,