Trey came home from football practice Thursday and had a funny look on his face while picking out his clothes to wear to school on Friday. His football team was suppose to wear their football jerseys to school and he seemed nervous. I asked him what was up and he just started to smile and giggle. Trey said his coach told the team that because they were wearing their jerseys to school the DUCKS were going to chase him. I was confused and asked him what ducks. Trey just looked at me like I was crazy for not knowing and said, mom, you know the girls. Oh, the girls are going to chase you. He said ya but the coach called them ducks. As I dropped him off at school the next day I told him to have a great day and watch out for the ducks!!
After school I asked Trey how his day went. He said school was fine but no ducks chased me. I couldn't tell if he was sad, disappointed or happy. I told him it was because the ducks know you are to fast and that they could never catch you. He said yea, I am the fastest on the team(something he says almost after every practice, he's got a big head already).
Later, my friend Cori was talking to the coach about the DUCKS. Trey's coach said he didn't say ducks he said CHICKS. We laughed even harder. I asked Trey if the coach said ducks or chicks? He said chicks, ducks something like that. It has become our secret code and I always remind him not to let the ducks catch him.
Later, my friend Cori was talking to the coach about the DUCKS. Trey's coach said he didn't say ducks he said CHICKS. We laughed even harder. I asked Trey if the coach said ducks or chicks? He said chicks, ducks something like that. It has become our secret code and I always remind him not to let the ducks catch him.
Comments