First Day of School

Here we go starting a new school year. The kids seemed really excited to go to school this year. It has been a very fun filled summer, one of the best I think. I didn't want them to go back to school until the last few days of summer when we were home all day. Those days reminded me of why I liked to keep us busy and out of the house.

Zach is 11, Tayah is 9, Trey is 7 and Jayda is 1 1/2.

Zach is now the oldest in the Elementary school. He is in 5th grade and Mr. Brucker is his teacher. He was a little nervous at first but then got really excited because Mr. Brucker coaches the 6-7 basketball team. Mr Brucker said maybe 5th graders can try out. Mr. Brucker might as well have told Zach he won a million dollars!! He was so excited that that was all he talked about for the first few days of school. I don't know if there ever has been a 5th grader on the team but Zach is determined to make it. I wish him well. He also got to go to the 6th grade math class. He scored really high on the STAR testing so his teacher wanted him and another 5th grade boy to be challenged in math. They get to go to the big middle school, which makes me nervous but excited for him. Zach was nervous at first but is doing really well. I am enjoying doing his homework with him, I enjoy math.

Tayah is in 4th grade and into fashion this year. She is so funny with the clothes she picked out for the school year. When we were shopping she already knew what she was wearing the first day of school and for picture day. She wont wear her picture day clothes until picture day. After that she can wear them all the time. She is in Mrs. Hackers class with all her friends. She got the opportunity to go to Mrs. Pam Alten's 4/5 math-reading combo class with her friend Ali. I am so glad she gets to have Mrs. Alten. Tayah also goes to Mrs. Lanza for art and music. Tayah seems to like having all the different teachers. It's like being a teenage girl - right Tayah!!
Trey is in the 1st grade with Mrs. Dwyer. Mrs. Dwyer will be so good for Trey. She is very animated, has high energy and has a love of reading. Trey and Mrs. Dwyer will get along great. It was a little sad for me this year to say goodbye to Trey, almost more sad then when he went to Kindergarten. I guess it is because he doesn't want me to walk him to school every morning and he gets to play on the big play ground with the big kids. I had to really fight back the tears because I didn't want to look like a baby and there wasn't any other moms crying. He will have a great year this year.
Of course Jayda needed her picture taken. She is going to be more of my side kick then before. I am not sure what we are going to do all day but we will definitely have to have play dates. Maybe go to Bakersfield just to play with the cousins. She doesn't like it when we just drop the kids off at the front door of the school. She wants to walk them to class and when we don't boy does she tell me about it all the way home. She loves her brothers and sister and loves it when they come home from school.

Comments