July 4th

My kids love lighting fireworks. They think it is the best day ever when they are actually allowed to play with fire, or at least the fire starter stick. This year we went to my friend Kari Palacios's friend Kendra's house. It didn't seem much like a house but an oasis.
This is her back yard. We felt like we went to a tropical island for the 4th not just stinking hot Bakersfield. We asked her if it would be ok if we parked our RV behind the pool. She would never see it because it was so big and she wouldn't even know we were there except the kids swimming in her pool. I told Kenny maybe we should stay in Isabella because, there I feel like we have it really good. Down here, especially at Kendra's, we don't look so good. Kendra said it is stressful and she has to vacation at home. I wouldn't mind vacationing in her back yard.

Jayda and Bella had a great time running around chasing after balls. Jayda almost out ran Bella but Bella was much stronger and took it away a few times. They both just laughed and had fun.

Trey spent hours in the pool jumping off the rocks and running around with the big boys or playing with the Alfred twins. To much fun to eat and almost to much fun to stop and go the bathroom.
The boys went down the slide numerous of times. They had many different games going on I can't keep track of them all.

Thanks to swim lessons Tayah has gotten very good at diving. I was a little surprised that she would dive off the rock because they are up high. She did a perfect entrance into the water.

Tayah had a great time lighting the fireworks. She wasn't a pyro like her brothers were and she was a little nervous with the sparklers. She figured out they die out 1/2 way down the stick and then she relaxed.
Jayda had a great time holding the sparkler. She didn't go into the road and get into the firework crazy scene, which I was glad, because I thought she would have to be where the action was. Kendra brought her some candy, because she was trying to get rid of it and Jayda was in heaven and sat on the grass the rest of the time.

Zach is in his element playing with fire. Tayah still is unsure of the whole fire experience.

I promise Trey is having a great time. He lighted a lot of fireworks and wanted more at the end. I think the late nights and hours of swimming are catching up to him.

Austin and Zach containing themselves with sparklers until they are allowed to light the big grand finale.
Here is some evidence that I do go along on these family outings. It was a great time at Kendra's house and we hope it will be an annual party. Anything to just go and enjoy her pool again.

Comments

Karrie said…
What?!? No lake? No drunk "oildale by the sea" action?

Was is Kendra Hubble? She's cool.