Tayah's 9th Birthday

Tayah is 9 years old. I can't believe it has been that long since she came to our family. I remember being a little nervous to have a girl again. I wasn't sure what to think or how to feel. I do know that she was so beautiful and a very good baby. It only took a few hours and my heart was full of love and I knew things would be ok. She is a girly girl at heart but when it comes to her brothers she seems like a tom boy. She likes the fake nails, pedicures, dresses but loves to be in the dirt, bugs, and play swords with her brothers. She loves to read, draw, write letters, spend time with her friends, get pedicures, eat, dance, listen to music, sing, play softball, cheer, and activity days at church. She would like to learn how to sew, play the piano, and cook. She is a great sister. She helps me when I really need it and don't have time to ask and tell them what to do. She seems like she just knows how to make things easier for me. She is very timid, shy, wants to do her best but gets very nervous, doesn't like confrontations with adults, does great in school and loves her family.

We had her party about 2 weeks after her birthday because of school, dance and softball. Grandma and Grandpa come over on her birthday so she would have something on the big day to open. We ended up have a mini party for her.
We took some of her friends and a few family members rafting for her birthday. She was so excited to do a "BIG" girl thing with her friends that she could hardly wait. We met at our house loaded up everyone on a bus and drove them down to the put in.
We had one of the river guides, Brandon, help us guide the group. He is a young, cute, full of energy guy. Tayah made sure that her and her friends got to be in his boat. They were, Tylee Hogue, Ali Hansen, Samantha Alverez, and Taylor Palacios. We sent Peter Palacios with them so Brandon would have some help along the way.
I must admit I was a little worried for them because there was 2 girls that didn't have family with them in that boat and I wasn't with Tayah. They did good, Brandon said. I am not sure who had more fun Peter or the girls.
In Derrick's boat was Tanner Tito, Trey, Austin Palacios, Zach, Shellie and me. We rocked the house, with the boys in the front and Shellie and I. It was a lot of fun. I was truly missing being out on the water. I need to go again soon.
In Kenny's boat was Dave, Michelle and Spencer Hansen, Taylor Tito, Megan and Emma Lane and Emma's friend. They had a great time. It was Dave's first time rafting and I think he enjoyed it. We definitely need to get him in the front and on bigger rapids.
We rafted from Sandy Flat to our camp. They didn't want the rafting to end so I tied a raft to the shore and they got in pretending they were rafting. They wanted to take the rafts back to the starting point and do it again. We had a jump rock at camp and a few of them gave it a try.
Trey, looks like a flying monkey.

It was a little shallow so they had to jump far. They did really good and I think Tayah had the record if not then it was Tanner for jumping the most.
Zach showing off for the camera.

The kids enjoyed horse shoes, sitting by the fire or playing volleyball. They loved being at the camp running around and climbing on the rocks. They didn't enjoy the presents the cows left earlier or the red biting ants, but thankfully we didn't have to deal with either very much.

We had our delicious dinner of roasted hot dogs, fruit, chips and pasta salad.

I brought a cake and some ice cream to camp. Yes, the cake is a baseball! I ended up not using it for Trey's birthday and Tayah said she didn't care if we used it for her. She did play softball so we pretended it was a softball cake.
They all had a great time and it made us want to do this again soon. We loaded up everyone on the bus and headed home. What a great birthday. We are so lucky to be able to give her this birthday. Happy 9th Birthday Tayah!!! We love you and hope all your dreams and wishes will come true!

Comments

Georjene said…
Tayah you are growing up so fast! You are such a sweet and fun girl.

We love you!
Georjene
What an absolutely amazing birthday party! Tayah is beautiful!