So, I thought I would be the coolest mom ever by taken my kids to a midnight movie. Well, it turned out I wasn't so cool after all. It was the premier of Land of The Lost. We saw previews and we all thought it looked funny. It had Will Farrel in it who we loved in Elf. I had Zach, Tayah and Trey take naps today so they could stay up that late. We got to the movies around 11:30pm got our tickets, popcorn and I splurged and got a Diet Pepsi (I needed help staying up since I didn't nap). The kids got free candy and Zach won a dinosaur. We thought we were cool being out at midnight. There was only one other kid there, he was a 3rd grader, and a lot of high schoolers and a few adults. The start of the movie was a bit weird because Will was getting interviewed by Matt Lauer. Trey asked why we were watching this because this wasn't the movie. I said yes it was and he said where is the start of the movie. I just laughed and said this is it. He looked very confused. About 15 min. into it there was a lot of adult humor, bad language and me cringing in my seat. Zach looked at me and asked if we should leave. I told him lets just wait and give it a minute or two. Why, the adult in the party, didn't I just grab my kids and go? First, I could just hit myself for not realizing what the movie would be like, I mean it had Will Farrel in it. Second, I was a little embarrassed that I brought my kids and now I have to walk out. Zach then said he was getting scared because of the bad language. Why that scares him, I am not sure. Trey was getting scared at one point, not because of the bad language but because of the show, and wanted to go home. It was 25 min into the movie and the caveman "copped a feel" on the lady that was when I said ok enough is enough and grabbed my kids and we walked out. The lady at the movie theater gave us vouchers for a movie later. She was even going to give me my money back for the popcorn. I couldn't take the money because we ate alot of it. I don't know why I do this to myself. PG13 movies are so misleading. I need to learn my lesson and just stick with "You have to be 13 to watch a PG13 movie." I don't mind if there is violence in a movie just the innuendos, adult slap stick humor and language bother me. Is that a double standard? Michelle and Cori you should be so glad you didn't miss sleep for this movie. I wished you talked me out of going! My kids and I are going to start rating movies we see and this one received a double thumbs down from all of us. Thank heavens Zach has such a good heart and really wanted to be a good kid and do what is right. He was such a great example to the younger two kids tonight and me. He matured a couple of years in my eyes tonight.
Comments