Mothers Day

Mothers day is a day in which we celebrate what our mothers do/did for us. It's a day we look to our moms and say: How the heck did you have 6 kids under the age of 10, have a husband who was a farmer (which means he is NEVER home), took us to activities, held a church calling, cooked our meals, did the laundry, cleaned the house, planted a garden, planned FHE, sewed matching outfits for us girls, and very frequently had meltdowns. I think my mom is and was amazing. I can't even handle half the things she did and I only have 4 children. Mom, you are a great example to me. You had patience, endurance, were creative, happy, trusting and loving. I need to become much more of these great traits you showed me when I was little. Thanks Mom!!! Happy Mothers Day.
Mothers day is an interesting day to me. It is a day, being a mom, that you hope your kids will behave just a little bit better, a day you might get a nap and not feel guilty, a day where you wish you didn't have to cook or clean or change diapers, a day that is happy, peaceful and rewarding. Maybe, it is a day we have way to many expectations. If everything went just right then what would we blog about. If your kids got along perfectly then we would want that every day which means, we would be very disappointed all year long. If our days were peaceful, that would mean our kids are grown and out of the house and that is a sad day for me. If I didn't cook or clean all day - well I really don't see the positives in that because it will just build up and then you would have a huge mess that would take you longer to clean up later. If I didn't change diapers then Jayda would be older and I am enjoying her this age. No need to encourage my baby to grow up any time soon. It was a happy day because we got out of church early, I got flowers from my hubby, my kids "Voluntarily" went outside to play (my peace) and I am very happy because I can't wait to watch the finally of The Amazing Race. And Best of all my brother on a mission called me to wish me happy mothers day. When he left I gave him a journal and wrote our address and phone number on it. He said he called me because it was the only phone number he had. YES, I am so glad I did that. The kids got to talk to him too and were excited to hear his voice. What a great example for my kids especially for my boys. Thanks Brother!! Today was rewarding because we got to give flowers to grandma Bushling and see the love she has for us and the kids. She is a wonderful grandma to my kids and an awesome mother-in-law to me. I couldn't have asked for any better. Happy Mothers Day Linda! Happy Mothers day to All!!

Comments

Br Boys said…
Such truth in what you said.... If we weren't cleaning up messes then that means that they were gone. I needed that after spending Mother's day cleaning up throw up. Thanks for your insight.
The Heber's said…
So true about the expectations of Mother's Day. It's funny how we expect to not have to be a mom on the day when we are supposed to be celebrating what great moms we are! Ha! Ha!