Someones in my back yard!!!

Ok, if you don't agree with leaving your kids home alone for 45 min. PLEASE don't read this. I left Tayah home alone for 45min while I took Jayda and Trey to a birthday party. She was to do her homework and get ready for dance and Kenny would be home soon. She calls me 20 min. later and says she hears voices in the front yard talking. I asked if she saw anyone and she said no because she ran to her room. She said she was ok and she would start cleaning her room. 5 min later she calls me crying telling me that she saw someone in the back yard and she was scared and wanted me home. I was 15 min away so I called our neighbor Michelle. Michelle came over and called me to ask about a blue truck in the front yard and a little boy playing basketball in the front yard. I didn't have a clue who it was. Michelle knocked on the window so Tayah would see her and open the door. As soon as Michelle started to talk to Tayah she just started to bawl. Michelle hugged her and went looking in the back yard and didn't see anyone. She decided to go check out who the boy was and that is when she heard the boy talking to someone else. She came around the corner and found out it was our friend, Craig Maxwell and his grandson Jake. He helps us do our sprinkler system and was getting a few of them going for us. Tayah was relieved because she knew him and I was relieved because I knew and trusted him. Michelle then took her home to her house. Thank goodness for cell phones and wonderful neighbors. I couldn't imagine what she would have felt like knowing she couldn't get a hold of me. The people Tayah heard talking in the front yard was Kenny and Craig talking about the sprinklers in the front. Kenny was showing Craig the sprinklers and then went and got Zach from school and took him to get his hair cut. He didn't realize Tayah was home. I told him she might be home or at Michelle's house. I left her home because she was on restriction and she was a little excited to be home alone. Tayah said she didn't recognized Kenny's voice because she wasn't expecting dad home for another 20 min. Maybe, she and I aren't ready for the home alone yet!!

Comments

Michelle said…
Ya know, I'm always happy to help out. But........you're not guaranteed wonderful neighbors when you move to Bakersfield..... :)