A series of unfortunate events

We went San Deigo to meet my sister (from Idaho) and her family who came to go to Disneyland, the beach and Sea World. That post will come later. It all started Wednesday night when we got to the hotel and Jayda was still in the "Detoxing stage" from nursing. She was up from 11pm to 1am crying, hitting, kicking and pulling my hair. I had to walk outside so she wouldn't wake up the kids. Kenny told me just to nurse but I couldn't cave in after 5 days of not nursing. She woke up the that morning at 6am hungry and grouchy. I think I might have joined her on the grouchiness. That day we met my sister at La Jolla beach. We had a great time and when it was time to leave Trey said he didn't have his shirt. We searched for it but couldn't find it and decided to leave because we were cold and hungry. On the way to the hotel Trey tells us his shirt was at the other end of the beach where we first started. WHY OH WHY- didn't he tell us that when we were searching. We get to our hotel and there is ants on our food that we opened that morning. We cleaned up us and the ants and went to eat at my nephews favorite place Red Robin. That was nice because the kids sat at one table and us adults sat at another. Jayda did better that night only cried for an hour 10-11pm. She woke up the next morning at 6:30. We did things different with our food to make sure the ants wouldn't get into it. We took the shuttle bus to Sea World and were told to be at the bus stop at 5pm. We had a great time at Sea World we only need more time to spend there. We were walking to the bus stop and we saw our bus coming so the kids started to jog to the bus. They were glad because they rode a ride where you get wet and they were cold. We saw our bus come closer and drive around the U shaped stop and he kept going. We were only 10 yrds away and it was 5:01. I ended up calling the hotel and he said the driver didn't see anyone at the bus stop he only saw people running towards him but didn't think it was for him since we didn't wave him down. Kenny and my brother-in-law got a taxi to the hotel to get our cars to come pick the rest of us because the bus wasn't coming back to get us. My sister, her 3 kids and my 4 kids and I were left waiting for a ride. We made the best of it and had a good laugh about it. We just chalked it up to the Bushling Adventures. Kenny then called me and asked where I parked the car. I didn't understand until he said he couldn't find the car, it was GONE!!! Someone had stolen our car-so we thought. He went to the front desk to get help when they proceed to tell Kenny that they had our car towed. They said our alarm was going on and off for 3 hours and that customers where starting to complain so they called a tow truck. They said that they tried to get a hold of us but couldn't and didn't have any other choice. Then the manager said he had us towed because he didn't know if we were customers there because we didn't have a parking pass. I talked to the manager and he wasn't budging a bit about helping US, his customer also. Kenny ended up getting the car out of the compound $350 later. I wanted to talk to the manager again because I had some unanwered questions and he refused to call me back and talk to me. I wrote him and his supervisor a long email that night. I found it rather funny catching him in a few contradicting things.



First, I don't have an alarm I have a panic buttom that in the 9 years of owning the car has never done this. But, there is a first for everything. I understand you need to take care of the customers (being in the cutomer service buisness, we get it) who are complaining.

Second, What was the towing company going to do with a car alarm going on and off all day stuck in their compound?

Third, If they didn't know we were customers there how did they know how to get a hold of us? And why did it take 3 hours after they towed our car to leave a message on our phone in our room? They did call our home but didn't leave any messages. So, if I was someone who liked checking my messages while I was on vacation I would have gotten the message and been able to deal with it before the towing/compound fees got so high. But I couldn't because they didn't leave a message.

Forth, the office people weren't passing out parking passes, they said we didn't need one. The office manager and front desk people need to get on the same page.



The towing company said as soon as they lift cars their alarm goes off. I asked why they didn't just leave the car there and they said because they were called to tow it not turn the alarm off. Go figure someone actually doing their job right!!! I talked to my good, lawyer friend Jenny Barrera and she was going to call the hotel on Monday and talk to the supervisor. She was more fired up about it then me, I think. Well, I delt with it on my own but if I needed to, I would have gotten my big guns out, Jenny, to deal with things. The supervisor called me on Monday and appoligized for her manager and said that they could have handled it better and offered to pay for 1/2 of the tow. I haven't seen the money yet so I am still keep the big guns close.



To end the weekend off right we turned down the house we really liked in Bakersfield. It wouldn't be right getting our dream house after a few days like that. No, really it didn't feel right, I don't know was it the lack of sleep, being left at Sea World, paying our down payment for our house to get the car out of compound (I secretly wish the car was stolen because I would love a new car :->), or was it because we had our kids with us and they were driving us nuts and we couldn't decide. What ever the case we are still in the looking mode. I hope we don't have a weekend like that for a while.

Comments

Dany said…
wow, what a weekend! And the new house of your dreams didn't "feel" right because your just NOT suposed to go!
Michelle said…
I second that!!!
bkellis said…
so where are the fun pictures?
Grammy said…
How do you keep smiling?