We were very fortunate to participate in a 5K a couple of weeks ago. Zach and Kenny were together the whole time. Kenny ran the whole thing just slowing his pace a bit so Zach could catch up. Zach said he walked a little but couldn't do it for long because his dad wouldn't let up. Tayah, Trey, Jayda and I did the walk/run thing. We started off strong and then both kids, ( I can blame them right?) got tired and needed to walk. We walked a little and then would jog for a bit. I heard all the reasons why they needed to walk and then I would look back and tell them that people were catching up to us and the competitiveness in them would kick in and they would run. We had Taryn Kent and Daniel Minor running with us. They didn't say much just followed what we did.

Trey got tired half way through so he tried to ride on the stroller with Jayda. She would have none of it and kick him and yelled at him. He didn't want to walk or run anymore so I put him on top of the stroller. It was a little tricky for me because it was a heavy in the back and would tip up so I had to walk holding the stroller up. It was fine because I felt like I was getting a better work out. Tayah was doing good until about 3/4 of the way we decided to call Aunt Teasha. She was talking away and kept talking when the rest of us started to jog. Jogging and talking on the phone seemed to go ok for her until she was running on the edge of the pavement. The uneven ground, jogging and talking on the phone combined all together didn't work for her. I saw her tumble to the ground out of the corner of my eye and watched my cell phone fly into the air. I stopped to make sure she was ok, grabbed my phone and tried very hard not to laugh out loud. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a while. It was so animated like she planned on falling and dropping the phone she really exaggerated the whole thing. Tayah skinned her knee and was embarrassed but survived despite the fact that her mom couldn't hold in the laughter for to long.
Jayda did good during the race except when Trey tried to catch a ride on "HER" stroller. Her favorite part was eating fruit and going to the park with her brothers and sister.
Most of us were winners in the race, Ok everyone but me. Zach won 2nd for 10 and under boys, Tayah won 3rd for 10 and under girls and Kenny won third for 40 and up men. It pays to be old in a young mans race- right Kenny. The funny thing is Kenny said he really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind doing another one and actually train for it. He could have run a lot faster but didn't want to leave Zach in the dust. Kenny was being a good dad that day and gave Trey his medal. He told Trey he won 3rd for the little guys and Trey's face lit up like it was Christmas. He was so happy that he won a medal just like his older brother and sister. I think he should have won the medal for the best ride on the race. We all enjoyed the race especially because it benefitting a foundation that would benefit our good friends the Kent family. It will be an annual thing for us.

Trey got tired half way through so he tried to ride on the stroller with Jayda. She would have none of it and kick him and yelled at him. He didn't want to walk or run anymore so I put him on top of the stroller. It was a little tricky for me because it was a heavy in the back and would tip up so I had to walk holding the stroller up. It was fine because I felt like I was getting a better work out. Tayah was doing good until about 3/4 of the way we decided to call Aunt Teasha. She was talking away and kept talking when the rest of us started to jog. Jogging and talking on the phone seemed to go ok for her until she was running on the edge of the pavement. The uneven ground, jogging and talking on the phone combined all together didn't work for her. I saw her tumble to the ground out of the corner of my eye and watched my cell phone fly into the air. I stopped to make sure she was ok, grabbed my phone and tried very hard not to laugh out loud. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a while. It was so animated like she planned on falling and dropping the phone she really exaggerated the whole thing. Tayah skinned her knee and was embarrassed but survived despite the fact that her mom couldn't hold in the laughter for to long.
Jayda did good during the race except when Trey tried to catch a ride on "HER" stroller. Her favorite part was eating fruit and going to the park with her brothers and sister.
Most of us were winners in the race, Ok everyone but me. Zach won 2nd for 10 and under boys, Tayah won 3rd for 10 and under girls and Kenny won third for 40 and up men. It pays to be old in a young mans race- right Kenny. The funny thing is Kenny said he really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind doing another one and actually train for it. He could have run a lot faster but didn't want to leave Zach in the dust. Kenny was being a good dad that day and gave Trey his medal. He told Trey he won 3rd for the little guys and Trey's face lit up like it was Christmas. He was so happy that he won a medal just like his older brother and sister. I think he should have won the medal for the best ride on the race. We all enjoyed the race especially because it benefitting a foundation that would benefit our good friends the Kent family. It will be an annual thing for us.
Comments