Detox is over!!!!

It has been 2 weeks of detox for Jayda. That is how long it has been since I nursed her. She is the longest that I have nursed any of my kids. The other 3 just weened themselves at about 10 months. She is 15 months and it didn't look like there was an end in sight. The whole detox came about because she was waking up every night in the middle of the night wanting to nurse. Being so tired I just gave in because it was faster then trying to fight her. It wasn't until one Thursday night when she woke up in the night and pointed to the couch because she wanted me to sit down and nurse her. When I didn't she got really mad at me. To me that was as bad as her lifting my shirt or asking to nurse. I decided even though she was my last baby it was time. It has been a long hard detoxing time. When I would hold her she would try to assume nursing position and point at my chest or tug at my shirt. I couldn't lay next to her in bed or that would throw her over the edge. She refused any milk in her cup thank goodness she would drink her juice cup. It was about a week into the detox when I was missing it. I know, I know, crazy but I was missing the snuggling, quite, non-moving moments we would have. I didn't miss the actual nursing part just the closeness that we would get together. After all the hard non cuddly times I can now lay next to her in bed and she doesn't even try to nurse. I can cuddle with her again it is very nice to be able to do that. Not lit it happens very much with busy pants but it is nice when it happens.

Comments

bkellis said…
There comes a time doesn't there. Those last babies are kind of special that way.
MOM
Detox is the worst! You know when they start bossing the nurser though, that it is time!!