Misery comes in sets of 3 and Funnies by Trey

I have always heard that misery comes in sets of three. Well I hope our three has past.

1-A couple of weeks ago our 2 1/2year old flat screen tv went black. Of course our warranty ran out a couple of months ago. So we took it to this guy to fix it and he said he didn't want to fix it because he is not a registered Phillips repair guy. Plus it would cost us $900 to fix. We have a couple of options; 1-we can take it to a registered Phillips repair shop in Bakersfield to tell us the same thing but probably more $, 2-we could just spend $700 more dollars and get a brand new tv with an extended warranty.

2-Our microwave went out. I thought we could live without it and we could for a while but you know how much you actually use it when you are in a pinch and trying to do things fast. We decided to replace it because it would cost $200 to fix it and a new one was $280.

3. This is the saddest one ever. I was in Vons checking out talking to Michelle who just happened to be shopping too, when I moved my hair out of my face and felt a scratch. I looked down and my diamond on my ring was GONE!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know if I should scream, cry or laugh. So I did a little of all of them. I called Kenny while I was searching the store and he told me to calm down and things would be ok. He said hopefully this is our last bit of bad luck. Michelle and Tanessa helped me look also but no luck. I went back later and gave them my name and address and looked without my kids. I still didn't find it. I looked in my cars, jackets, pockets everywhere. Tayah said, "Mom, at least you can get a new one!" Those are nice thoughts but I think it will never be the same because I have had that one for 17 1/2 years. Hopefully I can find it in some miraculous miracle. Like my sister Teasha said, "It's only material things - right?" She lost her diamond twice, finding it only once, so she knows how I feel.

My family tried very hard to cheer me up and nothing was working until Trey said some funny things during dinner. Kenny was putting hot sauce on his chicken and Trey said why are you doing that dad? Kenny said," because I am a MAN!!" Trey said, " You aren't a man daddy you are a daddy." We laughed so hard and said Trey then you will never be a man either you will just be a daddy. He said no, I will be a man because I am never going to get married. Later on in dinner he asked if he could change his name and if so would it take a lot of paper work. I said it would be a lot of paper work and why does he want to change his name. He told us he doesn't like his name Trey. He would rather change his name to Nacho Man. Then we asked him what his last name would be and he was getting silly by then. His last name is going to be Nacho and his middle name is going to be Nacho. So his new name is Nacho Man Nacho Nacho.

To finish the day, I was asked to speak in church, asked to have my family sing in church, realized I only have 3 weeks until the play, I am in charge of Sharing time this Sunday and I am running a book fair all week. Ready - SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I feel better and I will conquer these tasks and the daily tasks of being a mom and wife.

Comments

Katie and Luke said…
I have never lost a diamond---probably because I never wear my solitaire. See--there is one solution. Just go around looking single and keep your diamonds at home! :) Sorry you lost your rock. I think I would have screamed and put the store on lockdown until they found it.
Sounds like you are in for a busy week....and its your own fault for letting others know you and your family can sing. You should be non-talented like my family. We never get asked to speak or sing! :) It makes life less stressful.
Karrie said…
Hee hee hah haha ho hum. Not really. We've already talked about most of this, except for the lack of a microwave- I can't live without a microwave. It would be really hard to actually cook a hotdog or vegetable on the stove. I'd starve before it was done!
Love Nacho Man! Sorry about the Bad Luck . . . especially the diamond. My mom lost hers when she was rinsing out an old-fashioned cloth diaper in the toilet. I don't think I would've wanted to find that one! Good luck on your talk, song, play, book fair, sharing time, etc . . . Wow! You deserve a new diamond after all that!