Christmas- part duex

We got snowed in Christmas day. It was so fun to have a snow storm like that. We couldn't believe how much snow we got and with the wind the snow was drifting and getting really high. We had tons of opportunities to go play outside but stayed in all day and loved it. We had hot coco, tons of food, treats and plenty of entertainment.


The kids loved it the most because I let them stay in the pjs all day. I think only Kenny might have changed his clothes. We had a great Christmas morning especially since it started at 8:30! I know I couldn't believe it either. I was awake just laying in bed wondering if they were ever going to get up. We followed the trail of candy canes to the tree where the presents were. Tayah had left Santa a letter along with milk, cookies and carrots for the reindeer. Santa wrote her back and she thought that was the coolest letter. Everyone seemed to enjoy their gifts and had a good time opening them. Opening presents seem to be so fast and the kids can't believe it's over when the presents are gone but they soon turn to their gifts and enjoy each one. Tayah was the most excited over something she has wanted for a long time. I told her she could have them (maybe real ones) when she was graduating from 8th grade. Thanks Cross family for the fake nails. Yes, out of her IPOD, makeup and clothes her fake nails topped the favorite list. Zach got an IPOD to and a beanie which he shared with his cousin Kyle. Zach may seem all tough on the outside but he is as soft as a cuddly bear on the inside. Trey got legos, and batman DS game. I am not sure who was more excited about the legos- Trey or aunt Teasha. They both had a great time putting together the 700 piece police station legos. Jayda had a great time going from box to box, stocking candy to candy canes, Gavin and Kyles toys to her new purse. She might have gotten a sugar overdose because she laid down on the carpet for some time just laying there. If you know her at all she doesn't slow down for much. Maybe she was laying there because I just sprayed the Febreze I got in my stocking? I got a wonderful gift from my husband it was a Camera. Yes! Kenny finally got tired of me telling him I needed a faster camera so I could capture every move of the kids in their activities. I now need the lens, and the flash, oh how the list never ends. Funny how I always thought it was the kids who had endless lists. I promise to be content with my present-well until my birthday! The day after Christmas we went to my moms school and played games, used their climbing wall, ate of course, played the best game ever - dodge ball. It might have been a little unfair since they played kids against adults. Some of the moms, Aunt Anita and Aunt Teasha felt sorry for the kids and joined there team. We also celebrated my fathers 63rd birthday. My kids love being there to help grandpa blow out his candles.





















Our trip wouldn't be complete with riding tubes pulled by the quad. We would go around and around the house with one big jump in our track. All the riders on the tubes, the driver and those watching would anticipate the big launch. Being the driver was almost as fun as riding the tubes. Because, we could gun it right before the jump hoping that someone would go flying and fall off. The bystanders hoped for the same thing because they could jump on the empty tube and have a turn.

One of the funniest things that happened was when the dog was trying to get onto the tube and instead of getting in the way and then running off the dog somehow got caught with the tubes and got launched up into the air. It was the funniest thing we had seen. Don't worry the dog landed on all fours and was just fine. This didn't stop the dog from running after the kids and trying to nip at their arms. We had a wonderful time and loved spending time with our extended family. We can't wait to see everyone again this summer.

This is a picture of most all the cousins. My brother Brock and his family surprised us and come to Idaho the day after Christmas. We were so excited they came and we got to see them and meet baby Tyler. Another great thing was that we were able to talk to my brother Brian who is on a mission in North Carolina. It was great to hear his voice and hear about his experiences and listen to his growth that has happened over the past 9 months. I think we all held our emotions to a minimal.

Comments