Surprise letter

I have taken a break from blogging because it has totally consumed my free time. Everything else in my life has taken a back seat because of it. I have about 8 posts waiting to be posted but decided to take control of my life outside of blogging before I finished them. I might have had something to do with not being able to blog during Thanksgiving. Now that I have more than a week or two at home before we go on vacation again I can get caught up at home and then blog. The future posts will be outdated but good memories for me. I have to blog this now before I forget the details.

I got a letter from the school addressed to Trey's parents. I opened it and found out that Trey had been declared a truant from school. I about died! I couldn't believe that I had let that happen. Lets just say 3rd child syndrome. It gave me 4 dates where he was unexcused and that I was obligated by law to compel the attendance of Trey at school. The principal was so kind to write a personal note at the bottom telling me to call her to clarify his unexcused status. When I went to her office she just laughed out loud at me. Her and Jennifer (secretary at front office) just thought it was so funny and gave me a hard time. Quiet Dani Hurley!!!!! She said she wasn't sure she wanted to send it to me because she thought there must be good reasons for his absence. I could only legally clarify 2 of the 4 because it had been over a month since he was absent for the first 2. One absent I was able to clear was because he had the cast on and the school was having jumpy houses that day AKA: he had an appointment with Dr WII. I was going to say something else about the last one but Zach and Tayah were absent that day also so I had to clear all their absences. I couldn't come up with anything good so I told her we left early for Thanksgiving. She said well doesn't your kids get sick in the canyon (wink, smile, wink). Well, heck yes they get sick and I am sure that is why they were absent because they got sick in the canyon. It is so nice to be in a small town and having others (secretary, Jen, sticking up for me) reassure my character. I was able to clear both absences and now I have to be very careful because Trey can't have another unexcused absence or I'll get another letter. I am sure from here on out he will be sick every time he misses school. Is it legal to already predict/pick his sick days?

Comments

Grammy said…
I think so long as you don't give the school your list of predicted sick days you will probably be all right! That is ver funny, Josh got a letter a few weeks ago because he is tardy a lot. Or he was, we haven't been since...I think.
The Hogue's said…
That's so funny, you are being punished for having so much fun on all your vacations.
palacios5 said…
So if this truancy is a result of 3rd child syndrome then does it mean that Jayda won't be going to school at all?? Did I mention that Austin and Taylor had perfect attendance 1st quarter??