Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!!

What a wonderful thing to wake up to SNOW!!! We were so excited to have snow in our backyard and especially glad that school was cancelled.Tayah got up in the middle of the night (thanks to Jayda crying) and saw that it was snowing and wanted to wake her brothers up to see it but thankfully I talked some sense into her. She got up at 6am so excited.












The kids couldn't wait to play in the snow. They got all ready and Jayda felt left out and wanted to go too. I looked for snow clothes for her but only found a suit for a 3-6 month old. It was small and tight like the "Christmas Story" boy. I found it very funny but Jayda may have had some issues with it. She liked being outside in the snow as long as someone was holding her hand.


Tayah was being a very good sister and helped Jayda all over the snow. Jayda only lasted about 15 min. and then her toes got cold. Trey wanted to go and play outside so he had to wear my snow boot over his cast. He seemed to get around just fine with the bigger boot on. We built a snow fort and tried to make an igloo but we got tired. I think I got my workout by rolling and lifting the snow balls. It is hard work to play in the snow. We planned a surprise snowball attack on the Hansens. We loaded up our wagon with snowballs and sneeked over to their house. We attacked them when they were going toward their garage. They seemed pretty surprised but came back strong. Spencer was a good fighter but I think I might have beat him. Tayah and Trey stayed to play with Spencer and Ali. They were so happy because they haven't seen them for a whole week.
We enjoyed the snow day baking, blogging and watching movies. Zach would go outside every now and then and get some snow to eat. Jayda didn't think it was funny when Zach would come back in the house and chase her with the snow. She would just scream. Zach put our slushy flavoring on it and that is when Jayda started to like the snow again. I am going to have to teach her that the colored snow outside isn't the same as the colored snow we eat inside. We are anxiously waiting to see what tomorrow may bring.

Comments

Michelle said…
Ok, I think you beat me. It wasn't my fault. Trying to blog on a computer you're not used to proves to be more challenging than I thought. Could be just me, though.
Think we're lucky enough for 2 snow days in a row??
The Heber's said…
Great idea on the slushi snow! Definitely warn your kids not to eat the colored snow outside though! Ian partook of some one year, and was sick to his stomach for days. You never know what makes that snow yellow!