St Kitts - 5

Can you guess what we did today? We woke up this morning to a huge rain storm. We weren't sure if we would be able to go to the beach but after a few hours it cleared enough for us to go. The kids could do nothing but play at the beach and they would think that was the best vacation ever.


Jayda is doing this crazy squint smile when she is happy. The kids just love it and try to get her to do it over and over. Jayda didn't even care that they buried her in the sand.


This ship is at the Marriott where we are staying. They built it to represent Christopher Columbus's ship.
This ship is a 50% scale of his Nina ship. It was one of his smallest yet fastest ships. I am not sure I would feel save in a ship only 50% bigger then this one while sailing the ocean blue.

This is Oliver the monkey. He was brought to the people down at Turtle Bay by a dog. He was just born this past July and they think his mother was killed by dogs. He is such a cute nice monkey. NO, Michelle, you can't have him because he will not replace your lap dog Tinkerbell. He really isn't this mellow- Trust Me!
Jayda was all excited about him and would just squeal and shake when she got close to him. Then a few minutes later Jayda would be scared to death of him. She only wanted to be near him on her terms.

A guy came by and had a girl monkey named Cindy. Cindy is in the green dress. He took Oliver and had the two monkeys hug so that Oliver would calm down and make it easier for us to hold him. Cindy was clearly in love with Oliver. I found it funny that Cindy would groom Oliver and Oliver would just sit there and let her do what ever to him. They hugged, kissed and a little more but I have to keep it G rated.

The man said they would mate some time in the near future. The kids had a great time holding them and watching them play together.

Trey wasn't sure about holding them because the man said to hold them under their bums. Trey just looked at him with big eyes and a scared look on his face. He didn't have much choice because the man put the monkey right into his hands. Trey was ok with it for the split second while I took the picture.

I loved holding them and watching them play together. When I was little I always wanted a pet monkey. I would love to put little Oliver in my suitcase and take him home. Yes, Michelle, I can have him because I don't have a Tinkerbell and we could talk about how our lap pets really aren't lap pets.

I really wanted a family photo by the beach. Thanks to Krissy I got what I wanted. Thanks again Krissy for taking our crazy families picture. I am not sure we have a perfect picture thanks to Trey's inability to stand still, Jayda being a baby and the dang wind blowing Tayah and my hair. Oh well, my family isn't perfect so we fit the picture perfectly. There are a few pics that will work though.

Krissy so graciously had the idea to take Kenny and I's picture. I wasn't sure about it because my shirt, the only white one I have, makes me look pregnant. No, I am not pregnant!!! The picture turned out great and I am glad we did it. We needed a picture of just us.

I am so glad that Tayah has Jayda to take pictures with. She is always the one who would initiate pictures like this one. What beautiful girls!!

My rough and tumble boys. They look so handsome!!! Trey wasn't so sure he wanted to be on the rock because of the bugs, so he thought, on the rock. Thankfully this rock was all clear of rock bugs.

We ended the night with Tayah getting her hair braided. I warned the ladies that it took a long time and there were tons of braids last time. They told me that they would work with me and they worked fast. The nice thing was they came to our villa to braid her hair. Laurel ,the one on the left, braided her hair and Linnet, the one on the right, helped her with the beads.

Tayah did really good the whole 3 1/2 hours. Yes, they were a little faster then the last time and it helped that Tayah was able to eat, watch tv, and play her DS while getting it done.

Laurel braided the top different and the braids were smaller this time. Tayah likes this braiding better then the other. They are both cute and she looks so cute in them. Laurel also charged me 1/2 of what the other people did. A fun way to end the day.

Comments

Michelle said…
First of all, the family picture is gorgeous! It came out really good! The one of you and Kenny is awesome too. The sky looks really cool in that one. And the kids...ok maybe I'm a little tired but all those wonderful pictures brought a tear to my eye! Do I really have to travel half way around the world for family pictures like that? I may book my flight tomorrow! I can't wait to see them all printed and blown up. Now, all the mushy stuff aside, you go find those monkey people tomorrow before you leave and you give them my name, address, and number. And money. Give them lots of money. And tell them when Oliver and Cindy have babies to send me one. Ali would be in heaven. Talk about being the best mom ever! Oh, and by the way, Tinkerbell went to the groomer yesterday so she's all clean and pretty (for like 2 days) but we've been letting her run around more (now that she's not so stinky) and guess what!! She's a lap dog now. It's unbelievable! Amazing, really. She lies around on my lap, or with the kids, or in the sun. It only took a year but my investment has finally paid off! Now on to the next quest......monkies! Ali is going to the Native American Center tomorrow with the class and she wants to bring her camera to take pictures for Tayah. They miss them so much! Me, too. I haven't walked all week! Anyways, I'm rambling now. Sorry about the longest comment in the world! I'll go now so I can save some room for the other commenters. Take care, have fun, and see you soon!
Michelle said…
Oh, and one more thing, I know most of your family is naturally "olive complected" but it really is NOT normal for people to be THAT tan this time of year. It may be a sign that you are vacationing TOO MUCH!! LOL
Katie and Luke said…
I agree with Michelle. Normal people should not be tan at Thanksgiving time!
I too love the monkeys! But Jayda's little red dress makes me almost wish I had a girl----almost!
LOVE the family pix! You all look absolutely gorgeous!! I also love Tayah's braids. Does it ever give her a headache? Whenever I put my hair in even loose braids, I get a headache by the end of the day. What a wimp I am!! It looks like your trip has been fantastic. Thanks for posting all the great pix.
The Hogue's said…
You guys all look great and I love the little red dress too, Jayda looks so cute in it. The monkies look so soft and lovable, it would be fun to have one but I think they might be too much work.
bkellis said…
great pictures of everyone and all the fun things you are doing. Tell tayah to keep her braids in until after Christmas so we can count them. When do you come back to the real world?
MOM
Terrie said…
I am so jealous of you guys and all your trippin' around. The pictures are great, you all look so healthy and tan. The girls are beautiful and the guys so handsome! You and Kenny did good! I think it is so cool Zachary can scuba dive, he gets to see so many things up and personal that other kids don't. (By the way, I think you are the funnest mom around). My boys have always wanted a monkey but after seeing them throw their poop at the zoo I just had to say NO! LOL:)
jimilee said…
I love Tayahs hair!! its so cute!! She told me how many braids there were but I wont ruine it!!