St Kitts-4

Another wonderful day on this beautiful island. I am really liking this island and would come back here again. Zach and Kenny dove again today and saw tons of interesting things.


They enjoyed watching the jelly fish swim. They weren't sure they could touch it but this type of jelly is ok to touch as long as you touch the top of it.

If you look close there is a small jelly fish swimming in front of Zach. It looks like he is going to be stung by the tentacles but Kenny said he is actually far enough away that he wouldn't get stung.


This is the jelly swimming in front of Zach. The dive master is the owner of the company they dove with and has been in business about 28 years and has never seen this type of jelly fish. He didn't even know what kind it was. Isn't it so cool looking

They saw a few big crabs, shrimp (not shown) and a puffer fish (picture on right)


This was a cool sting ray they saw just sitting on the bottom of the ocean at about 125 feet. Zach, being only 10, isn't suppose to go below 40 feet. The owner/dive master thought it was ok that Zach went down that far on his 3rd dive. He said he felt very comfortable with Zach and the knowledge and skills Zach had. The dive master also let Zachary go on a night dive tonight. They use flashlights to see things better. Usually there is a lot of activity but tonight it was kind of slow. I guess there must have been a sea party on the other side of the reef .













A lot of pretty coral all around this island.


The dive master caught the lobster and let everyone hold it. Isn't it huge!! Wouldn't that make such a very tasty dinner!


Zach wanted to show everyone the back side of the lobster. Unfortunately they let the lobster go free and we had spaghetti for dinner.

While the boys were playing with fish we were - guess where? You guessed it, the beach. I really think I should be called the baby whisperer. It might not hurt that the kids are exhausted and that the ocean is a wonderful thing to hear when you sleep, but I do feel like I have the touch. I am not sure, but I might have to get an ocean cd to play, spray salt water in the air and have the fan on when Jayda takes a nap at home.

We took Elle with us down to the beach and this is the true reason why I think I am the baby whisperer. Elle did so good for me and I didn't even fight her to take a nap - I am just good!!!

When the boys came home we went down town. This clock was in the main part of the down town and in the middle of a round about. Kenny told me to drive home and I was a little nervous because it was nothing like driving the night before. There were cars, big trucks, and me all over the place. I would slow way down when I had to pass a parked car and an oncoming car. The kids would laugh at me when I would squeal when the road seemed tight and it seemed like we were going to hit something. We made it back and I feel I did a great job especially since the last time Dr. Kent came here he hit the side mirrors on two parked cars.

Tonight was a big exciting night. It was DIVE-IN. You can swim and watch a movie at the same time. They were so excited to do this that Zach almost didn't do the night dive.

They didn't swim very long because they got cold. We did have popcorn, candy and a wonderful time watching a movie outside. It looks like they are watching Surfs Up but ended up watching Water Horse. We are all tired, happy and can't wait until tomorrow.

Comments

Katie and Luke said…
Weren't you just there last month? Lucky kids!
Kenny is never going back to work! :)
It looks beautiful.
BushlingX7 said…
Was it Aruba or Kauai last month? And yes, Kenny is going back to work.
Michelle said…
Again with the naps on the beach?! Is Jayda trying to torture me or what? And now Elle's in on it too? All those pictures are awesome! But we can't wait for you to come home. The kids ask every morning.... "how many more days?"!
Katie and Luke said…
I can't keep up with your family and the Kent's! Good thing youhave the blog. We know where to track you down!
So I have to ask....where are you off to next?