Today was a good day. I think we spent the majority of the time down by the beach. The kids love to dig holes and see if the tide will come up and get inside them. I think they are obsessed with it because they do that at every beach we go to.

Tayah and Trey asked if I would help them dig a hole and against my better judgment and me trying to be the "fun mom" said yes. They wanted to dig a hole farther away from the tide so no water would get in. I dug and dug and dug, you get the picture. Tayah and Trey help for the most part but did they help get sand out of the hole or just from one side to the other? We left for lunch and then Kenny took them back down and I came a little bit later. When I came back to the beach the kids ditched my hole and dug new ones because the other hole wasn't close enough to the water. I knew it!!! I knew I should have used my better judgment because my arms got tired, I got sand up my swimsuit and I wasted all that precious laying out time.

The kids were trying to dive into the water when the big waves came in. Trey got a few nose cleaning jobs by trying so hard but that didn't stop him from trying to be like his brother.

Tayah tried once and tripped. She thought it was funny and then never tried it again. I think she might have had a nose cleaning job done too but didn't say anything.
Zachary, well you all know Zachary and he kept doing it over and over. I do promise that he landed in a nice big wave even though this picture looks like he is going to land in a foot of water.

Jayda had a good day today and loved just playing in the dirt and used a shovel to hit the dirt. By her expression in this picture can you tell what she might be doing in her diaper?
My kids could care less if they were covered head to toe in sand. It doesn't seem to bother them that their crack is full of sand either. They just love it!!

Tayah was the ultimate fish today. She was the one who was swimming most of the time. When she went to bed she said she still felt like she was swimming in the waves.

Trey was most proud of digging his first chair in his hole all by himself. He even built stairs to go into the hole.

Jayda was real loving today and wanted to lay on me or Kenny a lot. She hasn't been eating really well this trip and I sure hope she isn't going to be sick.

I took tons of pictures of her on Kenny's lap but this one was sooo cute. I love it that she had a little smile on her face while Kenny was kissing her.

What cute kids, if I say so myself. Yes, I posed them this time because I am trying to get a family picture while we are here and I was practicing.
Kenny had a cute idea and had all of us put our footprints in the sand. Starting from left to right goes, Kenny, Marcie, Zach, Tayah, Trey and Jayda. It reminded me of the poem "Footprints in the Sand" I just love that poem and this will forever remind me of that. Trey said, "What a perfect team of 6!" He took the words right out of my mouth. It was nice to hear my 6 year old think of his family as a team and perfect in his eyes.
Today was Zachs and Kennys first dive here. He had a great time. Jenny's camera takes such clear pictures underwater. Zach went a little deeper then he was suppose to. But he seemed to handle it ok- or did he?

Zachary is catching a ride with Dylan. I am not sure Dylan knew that he was there until later. Zach said he was tired from kicking the whole time and decided that "leeching" on was a better way to dive.
Zach also "leeched " onto Krissy. She said she couldn't even feel him and wouldn't have a clue except she saw Zach doing it to Dylan. Dylan and Krissy have a new nickname for him "the leech".
The highlight of the dive today was this Nurse Shark. It was laying on the bottom and didn't move while they were there but I think Zach got a little nervous seeing this at first. I don't blame him.

This lobster was right next to the shark. Behind it is a cave with tons of huge lobsters. It is to bad you can't bring bait while you dive so you can get something yummy to eat for dinner.

If you look very closely you can see a clam in Zach's hand. He was so excited when he found this and I guess was clapping it together while he was diving.

This is an enormous conch shell. They said that they saw a lot of them and they were the biggest Zachary has ever seen.
Zachary had a great time and didn't even seem to be bothered that he had a pink wetsuit. He has had many new experiences this trip and I have mentioned a few and some have to fall into the "what happens here stays here" category. We can't wait for more fun tomorrow.
Comments
MOM Ellis