Doing my political part

On Saturday Trey's soccer game got cancelled due to the poring rain. So Michelle and I thought we would go to breakfast our favorite meal. On the way there I saw some people from church holding vote yes for prop 8 signs and thought they were nuts doing that in the rain. I asked them if they were cold and she said "No the Lord is keeping me warm". She was a huge example to me and making me realize that it doesn't matter what about the weather, doing the Lord's work will always give you a warm feeling. Well, I felt so guilty that I brought them hot chocolate and called and got door signs to pass out around town. I talked my friend Michelle to help me and I am so glad she did. It would have taken 10 times longer if I did it by myself. The kids really got involved too and enjoyed running house to house hanging the signs. I think they were still in the grove of Halloween. It wasn't so bad just a few stares from people, a man that really needed a manzer and barking dogs. The best one was when Michelle went through someones gate and was on her way back when out of no where came 2 yappy little dogs. They were chasing her and nipping at her heels. I yelled "Run Michelle Run!". I was laughing so hard just watching how she was trying to dodge the dogs, shut the gate and jump over a huge puddle. Then I got all nervous thinking what are we going to do if these dogs get out? I could just see the headlines now - "Prop 8 looses mans best friend." Michelle's daughter and I thought it was pretty funny and laughed for a while. Michelle on the other hand laughed for a bit but was a little shaky. I was just glad it wasn't me because I might have kicked the crap out of them and then that would be another huge headline. Today I did more and there wasn't much drama except a St. Bernard jumped on the fence and scared me silly. I felt really good that I was helping with such an important cause. I now feel like I at least did what I could (well, maybe not so true) to help spread the word about voting Yes on Prop 8.

Comments

I am absolutely terrified of strange dogs chasing me! I was jogging one day in my mom's neighborhood when I came upon a small yipping dog. The owners were sitting on their front porch watching as the dog bit me on the leg. I yelped and yelled, "Your dog bit me!" "No! Our dog doesn't bite!" Yeah, right! Good job helping out. I can't believe tomorrow's election day!
Michelle said…
Well, I'm glad you and Ali could get a good laugh at my expense! Darn that rabbid poodle....about gave me a heart attack! But aside from the near death experience, I'm glad I got to help. It was a good experience and a great teaching tool for Ali. BTW, that was not a st. bernard jumping on the fence.....it was more like an energetic lab!! I know you want to make your experience as frightening as mine, with the near loss of my ankles and all, but come on, you can only stretch the truth so far! And you forgot to tell everyone that I ended up being the brave one going back up to the fence with the "st. bernard".... seriously, I'm dying laughing to myself right now. If my family can hear me in the other room, it will confirm to them that I am crazy! LOL :)
Katie and Luke said…
Its amazing the spirit you feel when you know you are doing something right. I spent 2 hours last night waving signs on the corner of Stockdale and California and it was soooo much fun. There were at least 60-70 people out there from our church and others churches. We got so much honking that it made it funny to hear the few crazies drive by cursing at us and giving us "the bird." I was laughing and said "I love you" and waved.
Let's hope we can go to bed tonight (late) with a good outcome!!
Dany said…
My kids LOVED putting the door hangers around Onyx! We only put them on the fence because being married to the phone guy, I was warned about the dogs that "never bite". I am laughing so hard at the site of Michelle ankless, and you truth stretched story about the energetic lab. I'm glad Michelle was there to save you!
Michelle said…
Well in Marcie's defense, she said she went to a few more houses without me and that is where she ran into the st. bernard, but I am not completely convinced...
LOL ;P
Dany said…
She probably actually had Jayda walk up there and do it, thats the real reason she wanted Jayda to walk, so she could do more work for her. How old will she be when you teach her to make carmel popcorn?