Last Day - St. Kitts-6

Our last day in St. Kitts wasn't at the beach. My kids really wanted to go but I didn't want to deal with sandy, wet clothes before we went home. We drove to the other side of the island to The Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park. It was a very pretty drive and the view is breath taking.

The road was very narrow to get to the fort. The picture makes it seem like there is a lot of room but seriously it seemed like we might have to put our suntan lotion on the car so it would slide through the arch ways.

This was a fort where the British stayed in to protected the island. The island was seen very valuable during the age of discovery because of its fresh water source. There was many different rooms throughout the fort. My kids thought the bathroom where everyone used a trough to do their duty was pretty funny. Kenny and I thought how sad it was for them to be up on the hill top watching for the enemies instead on down on the nice sandy beach. The view was awesome though so I am sure they enjoyed that.

This is the center of the fort. Yes, Dany, Jayda is in the picture we didn't leave her out. She is next to Zach on the left.

The kids thought this was a cool archway to take a photo. The structural work was amazing.
My kids loved to see all the cannons. I think that was their favorite part seeing the cannons lined up ready to fight. We didn't have a lot of time at the fort but we had a good time while we were there. We went back to have lunch and finish packing. We didn't want to leave the island there was so much more that we wanted to do. We needed to go hiking through the rain forest, see more of the island and play at the beach one last time. The kids were sad to leave their little forts in the sand. We gathered our 7 pieces of luggage, 6 carry on bags, 1 stroller, 4 kids (1 grouchy baby), 6 very messy smoothies and headed to the taxi on that very humid day. Thankfully, we all made it there in one piece without too many hitches.

This is a photo taken from the window of our plane. Tayah took it and thought it was really good. It didn't turn out so bad, eventhough it was taken during take off.


Tayah thought the clouds looked really cool way up in the sky. She was getting a little picture happy (I am so thankful for digital cameras) so I told her I would post one picture. We got home around midnight and stayed in L.A. The trip was so wonderful!!! I would definitely go back to St. Kitts. We all loved it.

Comments

What a fantastic vacation! Isn't it crazy packing luggage and kids onto the plane. I always feel like I'm having a mini-panic attack! So glad you had fun! Thanks for keeping us posted on the fun times. I'm going to try to convince Aaron we need to go on a trip like this. Someday . . .