Halloween

I know it is so late but at least I did get pictures of this holiday.

We were so excited when Teasha and the boys came to our house this past month. My kids just love Ethan and they love to hold the twins. They just fit in like they were our kids and brothers.


My kids loved the fact that they matched this year. I thought as Zach and Tayah got older that they wouldn't be into matching their younger siblings but that is not the case. They love it just as much as the Trey does, Jayda she doesn't have a say but I would guess she wouldn't care.
Tayah and Jayda are both pumpkins. Tayah's is called spice pumpkin and she loved it not especially because it was a pumpkin but because of the dress. The bottom of it flares out and spins nice which was a key selling point to her. She also liked the fact that there was a wig. She loves to dress up all the time.


The boys costumes we bought on sale last year after Halloween. They were a little snug in the buttocks area but worked for this night. Trey was bummed that his mask had a smiley face on it instead of a scary face like Zachary's. I told him it was because his skeleton was laughing at the kids it just scared and that was why he was smiling. He thought that was funny so he liked his costume after all.

I know that there are a lot of cute costumes for little girls but all my kids were pumpkins their first Halloween. So, I had to make Jayda a pumpkin this year. It turned out to be so cute on her. The hat was a little big and the body seemed large but she still managed to walk/run everywhere.

Halloween day Trey had a field trip to the high school to go trick or treating to the classrooms and have a party with their high school buddies. He had a good time at the party and was excited that on one game he was the only one who found the spider on the first try.

We started the night early with Trick-or-Treating in our neighborhood. Michelle's family came with is and her husband made fun of us but in the end we were so right to leave early because we had lots to do. Kenny was asked to do the timer at the high school football game. He asked me what he should do. I said it's Halloween. He said yea! I said do what you want and sure enough he did. So my little attempt to have him choose Halloween with us didn't work and it was just me and my kids. The kids didn't seem to mind because their really good friends went with us. Spencer and Trey got to go running from door to door together. They liked checking what each other got at the houses.

Ali and Tayah were so excited to be together on Halloween night. They always act like they never get to spend much time together like they don't have the same teacher, spend recess, lunch and some afternoons together. The night was going good until Tayah said mom I have something all over my hands and foot. I looked at it and then smelled it and it wasn't just something it was doggy doodoo. It was gross!!! I had to ask our neighbor if we could use her bathroom to clean up since our home was a bit way. Thankfully we got it all cleaned up and all was well.

Zachary's friend Joseph came with us too. The boys thought it was cool that they were all skeletons. My boys didn't even complain that Joseph had the better costume. Thank heavens boys aren't built like girls because if this was my girl we would have had some issues to deal with.
After we went around the neighborhood we went to our church's Trunk or Treat. My kids got so much candy there that it was ridicules. Their bags were completely full. And to make matters worse they didn't get any Hot tamales or Junior mints. I think this was the first Halloween we didn't get either of my favorite candies.
We always end the night by going to see grandpa and grandma Bushling. The kids love it because they get to check out their goods, watch tv and relax. They like to help grandma pass out candy too. It was a successful fun night.

Comments

The kids look fabulous and so do Grandpa and Grandma Bushling. Tell them I said, "Hi!" My neighbors still remember Ken driving our U-Haul up and coming out with a long hippie wig on. The neighbors later told me they were very nervous about meeting us since we were from California. We can be scary! Ha! Ha!