
ALOHA, we made it to Kauai without any drama. Jayda did really good on the plane. We arrived in Kauai and it was raining sooo hard. It was actually nice because we haven't seen rain in some time and I love the rain. That night Jayda made up for the good behavior on the plane by being a monster at night. She was so overly tired that she didn't sleep well at all.
This was the picture from our balcony. Isn't it beautiful!! Saturday was very cloudy and had rain showers throughout the day. We thought we were having dajavu. Our trip to Maui 6 years ago rained and stormed the whole time we were there. We were lucky because it got to be really nice most of our time in Kauai.
We walked around the grounds and came upon a seal basking in the sun. Isn't he so cute!!! We saw many different animals around the island.
Kauai has wild chickens running all around the island. It was weird seeing them all run wild all over the island. I guess they are very tough and no one eats them. They do however have hunting on the island. When we were looking at the sights we saw a dead deer on someones vehicle. I was amazed that they do that on the island.
A killer whale washed up on shore just down from our place so we went to be looky lous. It was very sad and kind of cool at the same time. It was a girl and they have been watching her for the past month because she was sick. I guess she was not quite a year old.

When the waves were coming up you could see sharks in them swimming back and forth waiting for the whale to die. They ended up euthanize her and taking her to a exclusive spot. It was neat to be close to a whale but sad that she was so sick. Kenny and I saw many different species here but the most bizarre is the next photo.

This photo hasn't been altered in any way and you can decided for yourself what happened.

On the eastern side of the island we saw a nice waterfall and a very pretty river.

We saw some people rafting this river and I wondered if anyone thinks it is wild and fun or is it just a calm river trip?
On the western side of the island is what they call the Pacific Grand Canyon. It is amazingly beautiful. The photos don't do it justice. Next time we go I would love to do the helicopter tour through there. It is amazing.
On the Northern side of the island Debbie and Maughn took us to exclusive beach. Debbie stayed with Jayda because she was sleeping and the rest of us walked down this steep narrow trail to this beautiful beach. Kenny and I went snorkeling while Maughn enjoyed his headphones. I was very proud of Maughn because he didn't wear them as much as his family said he might. I guess we are just better company then them. Just Kidding!!!! It is easier ignore family then friends.
The reef there was so cool. We saw 2 turtles swimming around. I LOVED it so much. I followed them around for some time.

Kenny called me the "Turtle Whisperer" because they would always come out when we were at the beach. We saw a family of turtles just outside our place really close to the shore. And then there was another turtle when we went snorkeling the last day we were there. I love the turtles. I think that was my favorite part and I was truly becoming the "Turtle Whisperer" by the end of our trip. Thanks to Debbie for watching our munchkin we got to go snorkeling a couple of times.
There was also a beautiful lighthouse on the northern end. There is something about lighthouses that just intrigues me. I am not sure what it is but I love looking at them.

Jayda learned to walk while we where there. It is crazy!!! I wasn't ready for her to walk and be so independent. She liked to walk everywhere except the way you wanted her to go. It was hard to be down by the pool because she wouldn't stay next to the pool or even want to swim in the pool. It was much better on the beach. She couldn't and wouldn't walk all over the place.


One day Kenny made the perfect sand playpen for her. She loved crawling in and out of the hole and stayed in it for a good amount of time.

Jayda had a hard time being in the water at first but over the week we got her to really like it. She liked to have someone hold her hands and jump the waves. Her favorite part was being on her daddies shoulders in the waves.

Thanks Debbie for watching Jayda and letting me go play with the boys. Maughn, Kenny and I went zip lining.

I was so excited to get away from my sweet baby and play that I didn't care what we did. Maughn and Kenny had a good time but they thought it would be a little faster, higher up and more exhilarating.

It took a while to get everyone going and through the zip line that we played the waiting game a lot. We had a good time anyways and enjoyed just doing something different.

After the zip lining they took us to a swimming hole with a 20 foot rope swing and jump rock. It was a little cold but extremely fun. I think that the scariest part was climbing the ladder up to the top to jump off. My camera's battery died so I don't have any photos but it was really pretty.

These are some photos from the diving. The picture above is a white tip reef shark. It is hard to see it in the picture but it is swimming away from them and Kenny was very happy with that. They saw a lot of turtles on their dive. I think it is because the "Turtle Whisper" wanted underwater pictures and they granted it for me.

I just love the turtles. The way they swim underwater and move with the ocean waves. I enjoyed watching them and could do it for hours.

This is a pin cushion sea star.
The fish from "Finding Nemo". He finally found a way to be free!

Thanks Debbie and Maughn for letting us go with you and for watching our little bambino so we could have some kid free time!
Comments