Monday night for FHE(family home evening) we went and visited our friends Dick and Maryann Dechant, and Tom and Kitty Moore. Almost a year ago they lost their niece, whom Maryann was raising for the past 3 or so years, when she had an accident at the mouth of the canyon and died. A couple of years ago my mom gave me a tile piece that says "One of the best ways to have heaven in your home is to have someone you love in heaven". I loved it so much I got one for both of them. I have had them for almost a year and thought we need to deliver them now. We had a FHE the week before about service so I thought this was a great (easy, no planning) idea. We got in the car and started our FHE. We sang a song and said our prayer in the car. There were a few chuckles during the prayer but I was laughing when we were singing because if you could hear us sing you would probably never want to hear it again. We had a great time visiting both families and had fun catching up with each other. I was glad we ate dinner at Pizza Barn because I didn't have to cook and I got the Zesty Chicken pizza. It is the BEST EVER!!!! On our way home we concluded the night with a song and prayer. As I was singing with my family I almost started to cry because it was such a good night. We were all singing and having such a good time together I didn't want the night to end. We talked about delivering the tiles and asked how they felt about it. They all said they felt good and thought the families liked the tile. I know that the spirit was with us and testified to us the magic of service. When we got home there was a message from Maryann telling us how wonderful the present was and how grateful she was that we came tonight because she was having a hard day. The power of service is so great. It really helps us put things in perspective and helps you forget your own problems. Life is to short not to be greatful. (My new motto). What a great FHE night!!!
Comments
I'd swear I responed to your comment on my blog, but I must have deleted it. Sorry. Anyway, My cute nephews are Tyler and Cody. Tyler just turned 16 and lives in Murrietta, Ca. My other nephew is will be 15 in Jan. He lives in Bako but he is not a member. I know Tyler has a my space music page if the girls want to search for it. Also Tylers band THANK YOU AND GOOD NIGHT just won a battle of the band in Murrietta a couple of weeks ago. If they want more info that me know.