Well this day started off kind of rough. First the good news is Dr. Kent cooked us breakfast. Eggs, bacon, pancakes and yes the hashbrowns. Why does it taste so much better when someone else cooks you food. I am not sure the answer but it was delicious. When we got there Debbie tells us that someone broke into her room sortof. We have all been putting the latch that goes on the door out so the door will not lock and anyone can come in at anytime. Well, they did that this morning when Dr. Kent left to go to Krissy's room to cook breakfast. Debbie and Kelly were still asleep when Debbie heard the door shut and thought it was strange that someone was back in the room. She got up and heard someone in Jenny's room went to see who it was and there where 2 men rummaging through the dresser. Debbie asked them what they were doing and they just ran out the other door. I would have been screaming!!! They filed a report and later in the day they noticed a camera and parts to the computer were missing. Everyone is ok a little shooken up but fine. Needless to say we don't leave the door proped open anymore.
Trying to still win the fun parent award I decided to take a break from sandwiches and ordered pool side service. Plus I didn't feel like lugging all the stuff and the kids up to the rooms to eat and then back down to swim. They kids thought it was so fun to eat by the pool. So I think I did win!!

The kids haven't gotten to bed early this week and it has taken a little toll on their behavior. They are a little more touchy than normal. Tayah is an easy person for me to get to laugh when she is pouting or mad. She came to me for the upteenth time complaining about something and I started taking pictures of her and said the pouting look is really in and she would probably be able to get her picture in a magazine with her pouty look. She thought it was funny and started to laugh and forgot all about the complaint she had. Isn't she beautiful!!!

We told Trey to give us his best pouty look and he couldn't pout on purpose only give us his angry look. He is so funny. Krissy asked him who is best friend was and he couldn't decided between Zach and Dr. Kent. He sounds really close to his father don't you think - great! Today he said to me Mom, do you know what I don't like about Aruba? I said, "no Trey, what don't you like about Aruba?" He first said "um, I forgot" then he made up some excuse about having to walk over the bridge to get to the other side instead of swimming through the lazy river to the other side. He is so dang funny. Yesterday he told Kenny one thing he didn't like about Aruba was the trees. Is there a meaning behind his negativeness or is it he is just being a kid?
We took the kids to a strip of stores that sell cheap crap!!! Zach and Tayah are so my kids when it comes time to picking things out. They take forever to decide. Trey just makes up his mind so much faster. Trey got his souviner right away Zach got one thing and Tayah still didn't get anything. So we have to go back another day.
Tonight Dr. Kent made homemade chicken fetticine. It was soooooooo good and creamy. I am pretty sure it would be in the clog your arteries catagory but I think it was the best ever. We then went to swim in the pool but had to play tuff parents and put a stop to that because their behavior after dinner was a little loud and crazy. Can you believe that?! So we did homework and went to bed early. It was an eventful day but oh so fun.
To top off that morning Tayah and Elle came up missing. They went with Dr. Kent to his room which is on the 10th floor. We are on the 9th floor. For a little background info the rooms are numbered wierd. Our room number is 9712 and his number is 9001. The first number is the tower so all rooms have 9 as their first number the 2nd is the floor and the 3-4 is the room number. When you get off the elevators everything looks the same, it is very confusing. Tayah said she would take Elle and meet Dr. Kent down stairs in Krissys room. Tayah got confused and couldn't remember which floor we were on. She went to the 7th, then 8th and then 9th and did all that again and then went back up to the 10th. She got back in the elevator and some lady with a name tag saw her crying and took her to the front desk. Meanwhile, Debbie and I thought it was weird that she wasn't back yet so I took my kids to our room and told Zach (Kenny, Krissy and Dylan were off diving) not to open the door for anyone but me or the Kents. Debbie and I thought Tayah was playing with Elle and took her for a joy ride up and down the elevators. We decided to go to the pool area and see if they went out there. They weren't there and I was mad at Tayah thinking what is she doing and it wasn't funny anymore. We went back to the rooms and they still weren't there. I was scared at this point especially with the morning we have had. I decided to go to the front desk and Debbie was going to go floor by floor. I said a prayer in the elevator and thought please don't let my worst nightmare come true not now, not here, Please let me find my baby! When I got to the front desk and saw Tayah she was crying harder, I was crying and I picked up Elle and went back to the rooms. Elle was being so nice she said "I'm sorry Tayah and Tayah is sad." We were glad to have everyone back save and sound.
With all the excitment I decided to skip homework and go swimming. We needed to have some fun and forget the crazy morning. We spent most of the day there having fun swimming and enjoying each other most of the time.
I especially enjoying that Jayda took a 2 hour nap YES!!!! She slept so good and woke up happy and ready to play. See Dani, I didn't loose Jayda. I just lost Tayah!!
Trying to still win the fun parent award I decided to take a break from sandwiches and ordered pool side service. Plus I didn't feel like lugging all the stuff and the kids up to the rooms to eat and then back down to swim. They kids thought it was so fun to eat by the pool. So I think I did win!!
The kids haven't gotten to bed early this week and it has taken a little toll on their behavior. They are a little more touchy than normal. Tayah is an easy person for me to get to laugh when she is pouting or mad. She came to me for the upteenth time complaining about something and I started taking pictures of her and said the pouting look is really in and she would probably be able to get her picture in a magazine with her pouty look. She thought it was funny and started to laugh and forgot all about the complaint she had. Isn't she beautiful!!!
We told Trey to give us his best pouty look and he couldn't pout on purpose only give us his angry look. He is so funny. Krissy asked him who is best friend was and he couldn't decided between Zach and Dr. Kent. He sounds really close to his father don't you think - great! Today he said to me Mom, do you know what I don't like about Aruba? I said, "no Trey, what don't you like about Aruba?" He first said "um, I forgot" then he made up some excuse about having to walk over the bridge to get to the other side instead of swimming through the lazy river to the other side. He is so dang funny. Yesterday he told Kenny one thing he didn't like about Aruba was the trees. Is there a meaning behind his negativeness or is it he is just being a kid?
We took the kids to a strip of stores that sell cheap crap!!! Zach and Tayah are so my kids when it comes time to picking things out. They take forever to decide. Trey just makes up his mind so much faster. Trey got his souviner right away Zach got one thing and Tayah still didn't get anything. So we have to go back another day.
Tonight Dr. Kent made homemade chicken fetticine. It was soooooooo good and creamy. I am pretty sure it would be in the clog your arteries catagory but I think it was the best ever. We then went to swim in the pool but had to play tuff parents and put a stop to that because their behavior after dinner was a little loud and crazy. Can you believe that?! So we did homework and went to bed early. It was an eventful day but oh so fun.
Comments