As you all know Kenny is hiking the John Muir trail this week and has left me alone with 6 cords of wood, after school activities, homework and 4 kids. At the beginning of school when Kenny was home ALL the time I was so looking forward to him having some time with the guys doing guy things. Because:
1-I get to keep the clean clothes folded in my room for more than a day and I don't have to put them away until I want to. Plus I get to do my own laundry. I know that sounds funny, but I have major issues with stains and kids clothes.
2-I can serve mac and cheese for dinner and the kids think its the greatest.
3-I don't have to worry that I am ignoring him if I stay on the computer all night blogging.
4-I can read in bed without my head lamp on wondering if I am keeping him up.
5 - I have full control of our home.
Well, having him gone a couple days now I am ready for the male bonding to be over because;
1-I realize I can get over the stains on my kids clothes if I don't have to do the laundry.
2-I have serious issues going to bed with out him. I can't sleep until my eyes won't stay open anymore. I hear to many noises and my mind plays major tricks on me. Not that he gets up to investigate the noises but at least I can yell at him if what I discovered is something huge.
3-Jayda could really use some daddy time.(Don't say a thing Dani Hurley)
4- He always remembers to turn the hose off before I flood the pool, which goes into my neighbors yard, and flood the front flowerbed/sidewalk.
5-Scheduling all our activities, church callings, and house hold jobs is better with two.
6-I miss talking to him at night.
7-I had to learn football plays to help Zach.
My kids even want him home. On the first night Zach wished dad was home. I said "Why do you want him home? He is having a good time." Trey said "because he is funny and fun!" Then he looked at me and said he is funner then you mom. Tayah, trying to be nice said "You are fun to mom." Zach just looked at me with a huge smile. I said "Dad is fun. But I can be fun too!" They all just looked at me with a blank look. How do you be fun during the school week with 3 kids having homework, football, cheer and soccer practice afterwards and a baby attached to you all the time? I think I will have to bribe them with treats everyday and then we will see who is the funnest parent.
We are glad Kenny is having a good time. I just hope he is so sore and tired that he won't leave me again anytime soon. Is that selfish of me?
1-I get to keep the clean clothes folded in my room for more than a day and I don't have to put them away until I want to. Plus I get to do my own laundry. I know that sounds funny, but I have major issues with stains and kids clothes.
2-I can serve mac and cheese for dinner and the kids think its the greatest.
3-I don't have to worry that I am ignoring him if I stay on the computer all night blogging.
4-I can read in bed without my head lamp on wondering if I am keeping him up.
5 - I have full control of our home.
Well, having him gone a couple days now I am ready for the male bonding to be over because;
1-I realize I can get over the stains on my kids clothes if I don't have to do the laundry.
2-I have serious issues going to bed with out him. I can't sleep until my eyes won't stay open anymore. I hear to many noises and my mind plays major tricks on me. Not that he gets up to investigate the noises but at least I can yell at him if what I discovered is something huge.
3-Jayda could really use some daddy time.(Don't say a thing Dani Hurley)
4- He always remembers to turn the hose off before I flood the pool, which goes into my neighbors yard, and flood the front flowerbed/sidewalk.
5-Scheduling all our activities, church callings, and house hold jobs is better with two.
6-I miss talking to him at night.
7-I had to learn football plays to help Zach.
My kids even want him home. On the first night Zach wished dad was home. I said "Why do you want him home? He is having a good time." Trey said "because he is funny and fun!" Then he looked at me and said he is funner then you mom. Tayah, trying to be nice said "You are fun to mom." Zach just looked at me with a huge smile. I said "Dad is fun. But I can be fun too!" They all just looked at me with a blank look. How do you be fun during the school week with 3 kids having homework, football, cheer and soccer practice afterwards and a baby attached to you all the time? I think I will have to bribe them with treats everyday and then we will see who is the funnest parent.
We are glad Kenny is having a good time. I just hope he is so sore and tired that he won't leave me again anytime soon. Is that selfish of me?
Comments