1st Day of our Trip to Aruba


The trip started out good. We stayed in LA Thursday night because we had to be at the airport by 7am. The kids loved it because they got to stay in a hotel (which they love), go swimming and eat out. We met the Kent clan in the lobby at 6:30 am Friday morning to get a shuttle to the airport. I think there was 15 of us and about 30 pieces of luggage. Well, maybe not that much but the shuttle bus was filled with bodies and luggage. The fun part started when we watch Dr. Kent rearrange his luggage so it only weighed 50 lbs. You see we all brought snacks, breakfast items and other goodies. In our luggage was a 20lb bag of potatos and in the Kents was a frozen filet minon. I know it sounds strange but the food is really expensive in Aruba. We try to eat breakfast, lunch and a couple of dinners in our rooms and then eat out for the rest of the time. I only had 2 bags full of food which I am proud to say were 50lbs or less without shuffling any items. We all got checked in and went through security. I tell you what, I wish things were back the way they use to be. What a hassle to have to take all my kids shoes off, their back packs off their sweat shirts off and then do that for myself and then gather all those things off the conveyer belt fast because the people behind us just stair at us like we are some circus freak show. The kids did pretty good and they thought it was fun to do all that. Whatever! We had a good hour until we had to aboard. We were gathering our things when it was time to get on the plane when all of a sudden we heard an alarm. We look and Trey had opened the door to walk outside. He looked a little stunned and said he just wanted to hear the airplanes. What boy wouldn't want to hear the planes. The airlines workers were nice about it even though they had to find someone with the right code to reset the alarm which took about 5 min. Which isn't that long except for the annoying loud alarm going off and once again everyone stairing. The kids did really well on the plane. Thank heavens for the kids Nintendo DS. It was a great entertainer. It was Jayada's first time on a plane. She did pretty good sleeping on both planes for a bit. The first plane ride was about 5 hours and she did some crawling up and down the isle, I took her and we walked for a bit and she had lots of snacks. On the second plane she might have needed some pick me up to make it through the 3 hour plane ride or maybe that was me! All in all she did a good job. We got to Aruba and man was it humid. When we got our luggage one of our food bags was busten at the seams. I wish I would have been a quick thinker because I should have taken a picture of it. It just seemed to fit our trip so far. When I got to the hotel two of our bags have been ransacked by security. The nice security people left us a flyer stateing what they did and that it was a routine check and if they broke our locks on our suitcases it wasn't their fault it was ours and we need to check with a company who can tell us how to pack next time so the security people won't brake our locks. Wasn't that nice of them to leave us a note after the fact. Anyways, we then had to pile in 2 vans. Have you ever been to the circus when a car drives up and clowns start piling out and you wonder how in the world did they fit all them clowns in that small car. Well, that is what we looked like. It was quite comical if you ask me. Everyone was in great spirits and the kids thought it was great. We finally got setteled and went to bed around 1am. It was a long good day.










Kenny got up early to dive and the rest of us slept in until 10:30. We got ready and went down to the pool. The kids had a great time on the lazy river, the slide and just swimming in the pool. It was nothing but the norm. You know, kids fighting over who gets which tube, who gets to hold Jayda and touching each other none stop until someone cries. You know the norm just some place new.
When Kenny got back we went swimming again. Jayda loved the water and she so loves her daddy. We all got ready and went to Benihanas for dinner.


We sat by another couple from Holland and I am pretty sure they became Kenny's new BFFs. They talked the whole time. Is there anyone who Kenny doesn't talk to?


Our waiter was named Buzz. He was really funny and made dinner so much fun. He got all the kids names and would talk to them and play with them through out dinner. He kept calling Jayda's name but she was to busy with her intense concentration to acknowledge him.

He had Zach come up twist an egg, shake his booty (Zach said no at first but Buzz started to dance with him so he complied) then flip the egg in the air and crack it open with the edge of the spatula. Buzz said Zach was fired because he got egg shell in it.He asked Tayah if she would come up but she refused so Trey went up. Trey was a great sport and even got way into the b00ty shaking. He threw the egg high in the air and with Buzz's help cracked the egg good so he was hired. Buzz would through food at us and we had to catch it in our mouths. Tayah wasn't going to even try so she just hit it out of her way. Kenny and Zach caught their food and Trey's food landed on his eye. Trey just laughed really hard. This was a onion valcano. The kids loved the fire the best. They want to go back again before we leave. What a great time. I can't wait for more exciting times in Aruba.

Comments

Michelle said…
Looks like you guys are having a great time already! We go to a restaurant like that with Dave's mom in L.A. and our kids love it too! Glad the plane ride went as smooth as could be expected. I'm glad your "gas theory" proved to be correct......he he he. That is so classic that Trey set off the alarm....that boy...too funny! Well, I'm sure going to miss you when I have to walk all alone with my ipod tomorrow. So have fun......but hurry home!
teasha said…
Sounds like fun!!! I'm jealous. Actually if my boys were a bit older I would be jealous. It would not be enjoyable if I went now!! Trey Bob is a curious George. What Tayah shy... no way... Does Jayda ever smile for pictures, Ms. serious! Good luck to Zach on his first real dive!!!
palacios5 said…
It seems a little boring for the Bushling adventures even with Trey setting off the alarm. I would have expected much more but I'm glad you are having a good time. Tell my dad hi since he never calls me...
Dany said…
I am glad your having a great time. Tell Zach he was missed at the game but it went OK. I love airport stories, remind me to tell you of mine and them locking me in the glass jail for 30 minutes while they found a female security gaurd to search me. HEHE. It's good your keeping "happy thoughts". Always try to remember your making memories for you kids. Have fun and hurry home your all missed already!