
Zach's scouts did a day trip to the Trail of 100 Giants in August. It seems like my family goes there every year and I never seem to get tired of seeing those amazing trees. Being Primary President and a mom of a scout I volunteered to drive. I of course took all my kids (Kenny was working on the river) and
Tayah's friend Ali to conquer the Trail with a bunch of wild, energetic boy scouts.

Paul
Hyer is the Cub master and so he brought his family came on the hike also.

This is the inside of a huge tree. I think we could have fit more people in there but the boys might have been a little smelly.

This tree is the tree everyone went inside of for a picture. Do you think I had to twist Zach's arm to climb to tree to take the picture?

The boys thought they were cool that they could fit almost all of them in this stump.

The girls saw the boys in the stump and thought "Girls can do anything boys can do" and so they had to get in the stump a get their photo taken.

This is actually the roots of a tree that had fallen over. It is so amazing to look at that this picture doesn't do it justice.

Zach found a tree that he thought looked like a camel. He
doesn't like to take pictures very much but was excited about his find.
I think Ali and
Tayah held their own with all the boys. I think they
kind of liked it when Dylan or Dakota
Harbuck sat by them in the car. Flirting was visible but held to a
minimal. Or so it seemed.

Don't I have to best looking kids around. My shy girl
Tayah isn't so shy when I get the camera out is she?
Comments