Ravine Water Park

I braved the water park with me and my 4 kids ALONE. Well, not totally true. Kenny stayed back because there wasn't any other dad's going - so I thought. Apparently he might have issues going with 6 women and their kids. I went with Kari Palacios and her playgroup friends. I knew she would help me with the kids but what I didn't know is that she would help me fill my car with kids and ride with another mom in her car. At least this time she wasn't eating peanuts in the front seat, right Peter!!! :->. That only happened on the way home and it all worked out and it was totally fine. I had to just say that for Kari - You know I love you!!!










The night before we left Kari and I went to get snacks to sneak into the park. We went around 9pm and I think it might have been a little to late for Jayda. The funny thing is, I first took her picture then when I went to get her out of the cart she got all mad at me and cried the rest of the time.


We had a blast and I felt completely comfortable with my kids running around the park. It has 4 big slides, a lazy river, a wave pool and a kiddie area. The only bummer was Trey wasn't big enough to go on the slides. Thankfully the big kids did the other things with him. The kiddie pool had some fun slides for him and he didn't seem to mind to much.



There was this slide we called a toilet bowl. Because you go through a dark tunnel then end up in a funnel shape pipe and fall through a hole into a pool of water. Of course my kids made me do it with them and it was a lot of fun. Another slide gave a warning that it gave wedgies so I set my limits on being flushed instead of getting a wedgie. The kids didn't seem to mind the wedgies though. Tayah was so funny because she wasn't sure on any of the slides. Being a wise mother, I bribed her, and it worked. It might have taken awhile for her to try them but she loved it. Jayda had a wonderful time in the water and even took a nap there. The lazy river had a tube with a mesh bottom in it. Jayda just sat in it and loved to go around and around. I might have to admit that there was a first for me on the lazy river. Jayda was getting a little grouchy and I knew what she wanted. We had 1/2 of the river to go still before we were at the exit. She had a hat on and my swim suit was one that would make it easy-so-being a veteran nurser I nursed her on the lazy river. I am not sure if the moms were being nice to me or not but they said it just looked like she was sleeping. One mom even thought she did fall asleep. So at the age of 20-16 I tried something new but I don't think I will try it again. We will definitely have to come back to this water park. We had a blast!!

Comments

r & k said…
who's white trash now? nursing your baby on the lazy river? :) haha!
Katie and Luke said…
I have never heard of this waterpark before. I will have to google it.
Your kids are so darn cute. I have to ask you though, are you sure Kenny is the father?? :) Everyone of them looks like their mother.
Jonesy said…
Hi marci ! It's kellie - Kari's friend and I just had to put in my two cents - NO ONE knew you were nursing ! ('cept us of course!) There were plenty of women around that park that had more hanging out of their suit than you did and they didn't even have a baby ! It was such a fun day wasn't it ?
palacios5 said…
Ouch, BFF?? Did Kenny make you write that comment?? I just wish I had a good comeback, I'm too tired to think.