Happy 40th Birthday

HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY KENNY!!!! I can't believe he is really 40. It seems like such a old, wise, mature number. I don't know if Kenny fits in that category. He is old and old (ha ha) When he turned 30 I had a huge surprise party for him and he was truly surprised. This time he didn't want anything fancy, no parties, nothing special. I wasn't going to do anything special and then I was talking to Teasha and thought that maybe I should show him how old 40 really is and how much we loved him and wanted to celebrate his birthday. The kids and I blew up 40 black balloons and got black streamers and window markers. We decorated the house and wrote 40 on all the windows and mirrors in the house. We then went and wrote things on every vehicle we own. We did this because we didn't want him to take a car without it decorated. The kids got really into it and wrote some funny things. "I see a old man", "Happy Birthday, your 40, now you win a prize", "I see wrinkles" "look who's 40". I promise I didn't tell them to write any of it. We started the morning serving him black, chocolate, donuts with 40 candles. Then the kids couldn't wait to show Kenny the cars. He gave us a courtesy smile and said "Why did you do all the cars?" He said he was going to take the motorcycle to work!!! The kids just laughed and laughed at their dad, because he had to take the car with the graffiti on it. Later that night we went to dinner at Outback with Ken and Linda, Kari and Peter and Teasha, Jon, Ethan and the twins. And Jayda of course. Unfortunately we all didn't get to sit together. Teasha and her family sat at a table and we sat at another. We tried to talk to each other and I kept table hopping. We then went to see "Dark Knight". Teasha and her family opted not to come and so did Kari because of her babysitter. Kari volunteered to take Jayda. I was pretty sure it was my birthday now!!! We had a great time!!! I love going on dates with my husband!!! He makes me laugh mostly all the time! He is such a great father, husband and friend. I can't wait to share the next 50 or more birthdays with him. What will the kids say then???

Comments

palacios5 said…
I have nothing nice to say about your husband.... I have to go back to work tomorrow and he doesn't!@#$%^&&*(*()
Br Boys said…
I actually like your husband! (pay me later Kenny) I didn't know you were THAT old! Amy
Angie Thompson said…
Remember - what goes around comes around ... seriously, I never thought of using markers on windows! I can't wait until Byron turns 40 (hee hee)