It started out Sunday morning at church when Kenny sneaked in some laffy taffy. I had them hidden way up high in the cupboard but my sugar frenzy husband found them and brought some and shared at church. The kids were all excited because dad brought a treat. On the way home Kenny was eating the last one, which he didn't share, and the kids asked what are you eating. He said, "HA HA HA....taffy" (He laughed, paused and then said taffy). I wasn't there but the kids thought it was so funny. They wanted to say it to me when I got home so they practiced together to get it just right. I walked in the door and they got all excited and said "Mom, can we have some HA HA HA.... taffy." They were laughing so hard at themselves and I just looked at Kenny and he was laughing proudly at his kids because he was excited that he was funny enough for them to copy.

We are not sure who does a better job of cleaning our floors. Our human vacuum Jayda, or the Kirby vacuum. Either we aren't remembering our kids being a human vacuum or we have gotten messier when we eat. I seriously have to sweep the floor 2-3 times a day.

My Mr. Domesticated Man. He was a man on a mission today. As stated by him he was on his treadmill first, sorted the laundry, washed and put them away, did the dishes, vacuumed the floors, swept the floors, mowed the lawn and took out the trash. Meanwhile I went for a walk and out to my weekly breakfast club. In between the walk and breakfast I asked him why he was so ambitious? He said his standard line "someone has to do it around here". My comment was, good, I am glad its you and we'll see you later!!! I got home from breakfast and he sent me on some errands so he could fix my stroller for me. Isn't he the best. Maybe it will work out for me having him home all year!!!
We were sitting at dinner and Kenny, mister funny pants, said to Tayah "When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, what do you do?" Tayah just stared at him. Kenny answered himself saying "You count your many blessings and name them one by one." She then just looked at him with a serious look and said, "Dad, I don't get you!" Kenny and I just started to laugh. She just looked at us like we were off our rockers.
We are not sure who does a better job of cleaning our floors. Our human vacuum Jayda, or the Kirby vacuum. Either we aren't remembering our kids being a human vacuum or we have gotten messier when we eat. I seriously have to sweep the floor 2-3 times a day.
My Mr. Domesticated Man. He was a man on a mission today. As stated by him he was on his treadmill first, sorted the laundry, washed and put them away, did the dishes, vacuumed the floors, swept the floors, mowed the lawn and took out the trash. Meanwhile I went for a walk and out to my weekly breakfast club. In between the walk and breakfast I asked him why he was so ambitious? He said his standard line "someone has to do it around here". My comment was, good, I am glad its you and we'll see you later!!! I got home from breakfast and he sent me on some errands so he could fix my stroller for me. Isn't he the best. Maybe it will work out for me having him home all year!!!
Comments