1st day of school

The first day of school. What mixed emotions we all had at the beginning of the day. I was very tired (poor Jayda up all night sick) and excited to have a quiet or I should say quieter house except who was going to watch and play with Jayda while I get things done? Zach was nonchalant about the whole thing until he got into his classroom and then he was nervous. He met his teacher Mrs. Howard and saw his friend Joseph and was gratefully because they have been in the same class for the past 4 years. Believe it or not he choose to stay in the classroom for 15 min. before school started. I think it was because our school has changed things and he wasn't sure of what and where to go. Tayah was very excited up early to get her new outfit on and have it just right. Making sure her shoes matched and her hair done. She was excited to wear her CTR necklace to school.She loved it that her friend Ali was in her class again, 3 years in a row. She knew all the kids in her class except one boy. Even though she already knew her teacher Mr Lassen, she still seamed very shy. Zach kept telling her she was going to have so much fun because he had Mr. Lassen last year and loved it. When I asked her how her day was she said it was kind of boring because she already knew all the things they did. Oh big girl huh!!! Mr. Lassen already assigned homework and it took her 2 hours to finish. I am not so sure I am glad they are back in school because I seriously dislike homework!!!! And not only did she have homework I had homework also. The kids thought that it was funny that I had homework. I swear they could have saved a tree with the amount of paperwork is needed the fill out on the first day of school.

Trey, well he has been waiting for this day for 3 years. He wanted to know if I could drop him off at the kindergarten area before I took the other 2 to their classrooms. I said absolutely not because (it's all about me) I liked to take him there and hang out for awhile. As you can see the cord between Trey and I was cut along time ago. He ran up there with Kenny (yes, Kenny because if you all remember he is on "Child Rearing" leave) and saw all his friends and loved the playground. He said the schools playground is better then ours at home. How rude!!! He said he loved the slides the most. We kept telling him this morning that he had to do good in school and listen to his teacher Mrs. Jones. I asked him what would happen if he got in trouble at school and he said I would get into bigger trouble at home. Good Answer!!! Trey is a little more outgoing then the other two. He doesn't think twice if he gets singled out weather its for something good or bad. I hope Mrs. Jones is ready for him!!! I think Zach was worried also because while we were walking to school we heard a kindergarten aid tell another boy not to climb on the playhouse. Zach immediately told Trey not to do that because he would get in trouble and to make sure to follow the rules. It was cute that he was so concerned for Trey. Trey was excited because his friend Spencer, Scotty and Dakota were going to school too. My favorite part of this day (besides only having one kid which we spent 3 hours of it at the doctors) was picking Trey up and him running to me and jumping in my arms and giving me a huge hug. I loved it!!! We all hope for a wonderful school year.

Comments

Ellis Family said…
That's so crazy that school is back in already. Your kids look great and ready to learn. If your kids are back in school that means that we are going to have a baby soon...YIKES!!