Zach 10 years old

I can't believe it Zach is in the double digits. He turned 10 July 9th. We were at State baseball in Fresno for his birthday. Zach is funny because he doesn't like to be the center of attention. You would think he liked it because the way he acts but he doesn't. Last year we asked him if he wanted to have a party and he said no. We couldn't believe it and asked why. He said he didn't like people to sing to him and stair at him while they sing.

This year everyone on the baseball team knew it was his birthday (oops, did I let the cat out of the bag?) and wanted to do something for him. I got cupcakes to pass out after the game but I couldn't be the one to organize the hatred singing. I told his coach it was in his hands how they handled it. The coach gathered the boys to talk to them after the game. He asked Zach why he was always the furthest away from the group and told him to come to the center by him. He got Zach in his arms and made the announcement it was his birthday and started to sing to him. Everyone joined in and Zach thought it was funny at first. Then I think he started to get embarrassed and then his emotions almost got the best of him. He was ready to either hide his head in his coach's chest or get aggressive and push the coach out of the way and run. He held it together and made it through the song.


Later that day we went to the Fresno Grizzle AAA game. He had a great time with his teammates. The Grizzles were playing the Padres and beat them in the 9th inning 9-8. There was a foul ball hit and the Padres players got the ball and was going to through the ball in the stands. We all were yelling to give it to #11 because it's his birthday. They threw it to him and he was so excited to get the ball and add it to his collection.


I think Zach had a great time on his birthday doing what he loves the best playing Baseball!! Happy birthday Zach - We love you tons!!!!

Comments

palacios5 said…
Nice job on the sports pictures. You are quite the professional photographer. I wish my kids didn't want birthday parties-it would save me a lot of time and money......