Pioneer Day

Every July 24 my church celebrates Pioneers. What a trying, hard and very courageous times that pioneers went through to migrate West. I read this book about pioneers and it really made me thankful for the times I live in. All the things they went through would have really tested my faith but they kept moving in sub-zero weather, with little food, clothing, and help and their faith was always strong. They lost so many loved ones on the way and were hungry, tired and weary. I am amazed at the faith they had to pack their wagons with so little of their belongings and migrate. It would have been so hard for me because I always over pack for a vacation and it would have been so hard to walk all that way. I have a hard time walking to my neighbor Michelle's. No, really I do. What great courage they had. They are my hero's.

To celebrate Pioneer day our primary had an activity. Because I am primary president I had to help plan it and run it. We had a 3-legged race, the picture below were the finalist. Not to brag or anything but do you see that my 2 boys made it to the final race :->.We also had a stick game, tug-o-war, a pie eating contest, and a horse and buggy ride. We had to add a little bit of our century into the mix just because it is fun. We had a candy rocket launch. My dad's uncle Veer inventing this launch with PVC pipe and a 2 litter bottle. We use an air compressor and water and launch candy into the sky. The kids love to watch the candy fly high up and then run after it. It was a big hit at the activity. My friend Angela called the morning of and explained she had pioneer clothes for me to wear. I stated that I barely fit into the pioneer clothes before Jayda was born and there was no way they would fit now. She said but I got my BIGGER pioneer clothes from my mom and they would fit you. First of all she wasn't getting the hint, and second what does she mean my BIGGER!! Just kidding Ang, she gave me the opportunity to say no but Karrie Bunting and I both decided that if one was dressing up the other one would also, so we both did. Plus I made my boys and Kenny wear jeans and a white shirt for pioneer day and they were going to make sure I dressed up too. It was actually nice because it was a little cooler and the bonnet kept the sun out of my face. We had a wonderful time and I am so thankful for the pioneers and all they went through for us to be here..

Comments

palacios5 said…
Marcie you are a better person than I am. First let me say I wouldn't wear pioneer clothes and second I wouldn't want others to see me in my pioneer clothes. My hat no my bonnet is off to you:) Love ya,