4th of July



We decided to go to our friends the Palacios in B-Town (imagine us driving to B-town, that rarely happens, only 4 times this week!!) for the 4th. It was a little different this year because Tayah was at her cousins house in Vegas and so poor Taylor was left with out her buddy. We had a great time swimming, eating (especially the Carmel covered cheese cake, Thanks Peter), the kids loved the smores and lighting fireworks. It is funny because I grew up lighting fireworks and writing my name in the air with the sparkles and my kids rarely get that opportunity. They were in heaven using the lighter to light their own fireworks, running around with the sparklers, and letting off the stink bombs. Jayda didn't seem to mind the fireworks or smoke. She actually loved the grand finale which was recommended by their friend Britten, who is 10. Thank you Britten it was the best finale on the block.


At the lake we don't do the traditional fireworks on the 4th. We do them on Sat. when there is the most tourist in town, or so I thought. Kenny said when he was on the board? that they do it either before the 4th or after because it is cheaper. Cheaper you ask how? Well, the price is cheaper to pay the people who light the fireworks. I always thought it was to benefit the tourist but no we are just cheep! You learn something new everyday. It was an ok show. Kenny stayed home with Jayda and Trey who were asleep and Zach was to into his movie he was watching so he didn't go either. So, I took Tayah and my niece Megan to see the fireworks. I love fireworks so I couldn't stay home and miss out. Alright, maybe I was having a little FOMO. We didn't have as good as seats as last year but they were alright. Next year we will have to climb that hill and get the better seats.

Comments

palacios5 said…
Nice job Marcie. It came off just as you planned- you had to wait until after the fireworks last night to post your blog. You might want to add some music to your blog- I did. Just trying to stay 1 step ahead:) Love ya