Trey 6yrs old




Well, I can't believe Trey is 6yrs old now. I keep telling him not to grow up and he keeps telling me he has too. Unfortunately I have no control over him getting older and if I did believe me I would then I would do something about me getting old too. When we talked about birthdays back in March he told us he IS going to have a Chucky Cheese birthday. Notice how he said "IS". I was surprised because we have only been there once about 3 years ago. I am blaming this idea on the media. Those darn cartoon tv channels and their commercials. This is why I love tivo because we skip those tempting, child driven commercials. Being the good mom that I am I said yes and thought it would be nice because he can invite some of the kids from his preschool that he always talks about. I couldn't decide (imagine that) which day to have his party so I picked the 1st Friday after school got out for the summer. I thought most parents might be working and it would be less crowded. Well, lets just say Chucky Cheese is now renamed "Crazy Town"!!! Trey was completely in heaven. Having his friends there, eating pizza, playing video games, especially star wars, and getting to spend the tickets for cheep crap, I mean cool toys at the counter. I practically had to drag Trey from the games so we could sing happy birthday to him with Chucky himself. He had a wonderful time with his friends and family. Trey was excited everyone got to come even Aunt Teasha and Grandma Ellis, who was in town because of the twins and Tayah Baptism. He said the best part of the day was the presents. He is becoming a Lego maniac. He got the whole collection of Indiana Jones Lego's and was in heaven. He has always wanted Heeleys and I kept telling him he had to be older. He told me when he turned six he would be older and wanted them really bad. We decided he was right and got them for him. He hasn't got it down yet but practices all the time. Trey, you are growing up to fast-- slow down!!! We love you and we love watching you grow up. You are a wonderful son. Happy 6th Birthday.

Comments

Michelle said…
"Crazy Town" in an understatement! That place was a madhouse! But the kids had fun and that's all that matters, right? Even if the grown ups do need therapy now.:) I am so glad that you are back to blogging. I was so bored! He He He